opkg install valgrind
It reported installing libc6-dbg then installing valgrind. I then did:
And it generated the output I submitted.
If I run "valgrind --help" it runs successfully.
What are the contents of myprog, what kind of file is it? Valgrind is typically used like valgrind program args. This runs program under valgrind using the mem-check tool. What tool are you using?
Take a look at http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/quick-start.html for more information.
Myprog is a C++ program compiled with GCC. I was running the memcheck tool.
I'm familiar with valgrind, having run it on other systems.
I'd like to test this behavior. Can you share the Myprog code and the GCC command you used to compile? Additionally, from which repository are you fetching the valgrind package?
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I was on a sort-of vacation.
I can repeat the problem with the following program:
gcc hello.c -o hello
and run with:
I ran the same steps as you and got the same fatal error message of your first post. I’ll investigate further on this case and provide a suggestion soon.
Hi Sergio, I too am having this problem. This link seems to explain why it is having issues, but does not seem to correspond to the installation on the Edison.
I am running the same image as phil.w.howard, and have also verified that gbd and libc6-dbg are the latest version available.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We reproduced the issue and ran into the same issue as you and @ phil.w.howard. We’ve reported this situation to the proper team but there’s no fix at the moment. We’re working to see if it’s possible for valgrind to work on future software releases. Thank you for your understanding.
I was able to run background by installing all of the "optional" clibxxx.ipk modules from Alex's repository.
Hope this helps - Mario.
Thank you for providing a workaround for this. Hopefully this will be useful for other users in the community who are trying to use valgrind.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
We’ve found a workaround to use valgrind. The workaround is to reinstall libc6 (opkg install libc6 --force-reinstall)
This looks like a mismatch in the lD release/debug versions. The Edison image comes with the libc6 package installed, valgrind installs libc6-dbg as a dependency. For some reason, even though they are the same version they're causing a conflict. Possibly since the libc6 ipk's have a different date than the .so's in the Edison image.
Hi Sergio, Thank you for the workaround. This is working now!