1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 8:20 AM by Intel Corporation

Hello! Can i install GTX 980Ti in chassis P4304XXMUXX ?! MB S2600CW2R, Card  length 30.5 cm. Thanks.

Paramita

Hello! Can i install GTX 980Ti in chassis P4304XXMUXX ?! MB S2600CW2R, Card  length 30.5 cm. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Hello! Can i install GTX 980Ti in chassis P4304XXMUXX ?! MB S2600CW2R, Card  length 30.5 cm. Thanks.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

After reviewing the specifications of the products you want to integrate all together, I found that video card requires PCIe 3.0 x16 and the Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R supports that.

I would like to share with you the following documentation that will help you better with your Intel products.

Technical Product Specification: Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R

• Table 1. Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R Feature Set. Add-inCard Slots [page 3]

• Support up to six expansion slots  

• From PCH:   

•  Slot 1: PCIe Gen II x4
                •   

•   
              • From the first processor:   

• Slot 5: PCIe Gen III x16 connector. Electrical x16 for S2600CW2R or S2600CWTR, electrical x8 for S2600CW2SR or S2600CWTSR
                •    
                • Slot 6: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
                •   

•   
              • From the second processor:   

• Slot 2: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
                •    
                • Slot 3: PCIe Gen III x8 electrical with x8 physical connector
                •    
                • Slot 4: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
                •   

•  

• Figure 11. Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R/S2600CWTR Functional Block Diagram [page 15]
          Note:
          1. Both CPU power connectors need to be connected in order for all the PCIe slots to work even only one CPU is installed.
          2. While PCIe slot 5 is also an x16 connector, only 3 x16 PCIe slots on the board can support up to 75W slot power at a time. This is a configuration limitation based on the System Power budget. When used as riser slot, slot 6 can each provide up to 75W power to the riser.

The server board supports up to three full length full height double-width PCIe cards on slot 2, slot 4, and slot 6. Standard PCIe slots can provide up to 25W power. PCIe slot 2, 4, and 6 can provide up to 75W power. The higher power requirement needs direct power cables from power supplies.

faugub_intel
          #iwork4intel