4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 8:11 PM by FGT

Set up compiler errors.

FShiwani

I am having an issue with the Arduino IDE for the Galileo. I previously had the standard Arduino IDE installed for normal Arduinos which used to work fine until a while ago when it stopped compiling anything and would just get stuck with no error message. Anyways I'm experiencing a similar issue with the Arduino IDE for the Galileo, it gets stuck on compiling for a few seconds then outputs this error:

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Intel® Galileo Gen2"

i586-poky-linux-uclibc-g++: error: C:\Users\FShiwani\AppData\Local\Temp\build2209993682289461387.tmp/core.a: No such file or directory
      Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
        "Show verbose output during compilation"
        enabled in File > Preferences.

I'm trying to run the blink example sketch. I followed the standard instructions for installation, I updated the firmware successfully using the guide, tried several USB ports, uninstalled both Arduino IDEs and deleted all config files, reinstalled the IDE for Galileo several times. I tried cleaning my whole system of anything Arduino related and then reinstalled only the Galileo IDE and drivers, no luck. There were other people with this issues and I've tried the methods that fixed it for them, nothing seems to be working. It's definitely something to do with the IDE (hence the compiler error).

Any sort of help would be appreciated.