4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2016 1:07 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC dont start/displays nothing

Bertl1983

Hi, ive a NUC DC3217BY. It runs a long years. And now the power led blinks every 5-6 seconds but nothing comes out on the hdmi. No boot no bios no windows. I ve bought a new memory and new ssd. Now the power button is always blue. But no output on hdmi. The HDD LED donst blink but the fan turns normal. Whats wrong with it?

• 1. Re: NUC dont start/displays nothing
          N.Scott.Pearson

Unfortunately, there are a lot of possible explanations for these symptoms. First, you may simply be having an HDMI problem. Have you verified that the cable and monitor (or TV) will work with another HDMI source? I would check this before anything else. Next, there are few things to try to see if it is a firmware (BIOS) issue. I would suggest doing this with first the original memory and SSD and then again with new memory and SSD.

1. Power off and disconnect A/C power (unplug from wall). Wait 30 seconds. While closely watching the LEDs on the unit, reconnect A/C power (plug back into wall). What do you see? Next, while closely watching the LEDs on the unit, momentarily press the power button. Is there a repeating sequence of LED flashes? Were there any flashes before the repeating sequence started?
          2. Disconnect A/C power, open the system's chassis and unplug the battery cable from the board (this likely requires removing the two screws and (carefully!) lifting the board out of the chassis). Go have a coffee/tea (take at least 15 minutes). Plug the battery back in and put the system back together. Do same things you did in Step 1.
          3. If Step 2 didn't get you going again, disconnect A/C power, open the system's chassis and move the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from pins 1-2 over to pins 2-3. Leaving chassis cover off, reapply power and attempt to power on. Can you see and get into BIOS setup now? If so, disconnect A/C power again, restore the jumper to pins 1-2 and close up the system. You should be good to go.
          4. If none of this worked, I would next attempt to reinstall the latest BIOS release using the Recovery method (documented here: Intel NUC BIOS Recovery Update Instructions).

I hope this helps. Let me know what happens...

...S

• 2. Re: NUC dont start/displays nothing
            Bertl

I ve done all this steps but i dont become a Screen on my Monitor.

• 3. Re: NUC dont start/displays nothing
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi Bertl,

In regards to the video issue; if you already tried BIOS update, review monitor video input and tested with a different straight video cable the next step will be the replacement of the unit.

Contact us through our support team using the link below:
              http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Regards,
              Mike C

• 4. Re: NUC dont start/displays nothing
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi Bertl,

I am following up on your case. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards,
                Mike C