Well you could do a registry and file system dump before installing the driver, do the same again after, get the delta from it and then use this maybe to clean up ypur current windows installation.
That would be the only solution I see atm, I do not think you can expect any support from Intel on that unfortunately...
I can only uninstall the app, not the driver, as the OS is on the RAID volume. Unless I image it to another drive. Do you know of registry diff tools ? Even then, I'm not sure that would really help.
I still think Intel should investigate crashes in their software .
I was able to work around the issue, no thanks to Intel.
It took a lot of work.
1) I cloned the SSD RAID array to a single hard disk using Acronis True Image 2016
2) Then, I set the BIOS to AHCI and set the system to boot from the HD
3) I booted the HD to Safe mode to remove the Intel SATA RAID driver in hidden devices in device manager, and reverted to the MSAHCI driver
4) I booted the HD with MSAHCI
5) I uninstalled Intel Rapid Storage - both app and drivers this time
6) I reinstalled Intel Rapid Storage SATA driver
7) I rebooted and set the BIOS to RAID, but let it boot from HDD still
8) I booted from the HD with the Intel SATA RAID driver
9) cloned the HDD back to the RAID array using
10) rebooted and set the BIOS to boot from the RAID array again
This was a very lengthy process, but it worked. It was still far less work than reinstalling the OS and all apps from scratch.
But IMO, Intel really should fix the crashes in their Rapid storage service & app, so that the above is not necessary just to get the app working in the first place.
Glad to hear that it worked for you. Honestly, I would not expect any help from Intel on that.
Over one year ago, there has been reported an issue that with RST 14.x and newer, drives which are part of a RAID array do not spin down properly any more. Since then, nothing has happened, Intel only says they can't reproduce it although many people incl. me have told them their config. Dunno what these guys are doing over there allday...
Has anyone got an update to this issue?
It's very frustrating and I can't seem to resolved it.