Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel HD 2500 on Server 2008 R2 (or any Server OS)

AZuck
Novice

I have a machine that has integrated Intel HD 2500 graphics on it. I am able to find drivers for client OS's like Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, etc but nothing for Servers. They do detect the hardware appropriately and install but upon a reboot after installation the Windows logo starts and then everything goes black. Uninstalling the driver via Safe Mode brings Windows back up but using the Generic Graphics driver from Windows. Has anyone successfully been able to get HD 2500's to work under a server os?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AZuck
Novice

A colleague found this link for me and it seems to work! Figured I would post up to let others know in case they run into the same issue.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds024887 Intel Graphics and HD Audio Driver for Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 (When config w/ Ivybridge) - ThinkServer TS130 - …

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AZuck
Novice

A colleague found this link for me and it seems to work! Figured I would post up to let others know in case they run into the same issue.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds024887 Intel Graphics and HD Audio Driver for Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 (When config w/ Ivybridge) - ThinkServer TS130 - …

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Based on the drivers available, it is not compatible. I would like to know what is the model number of you motherboard.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel
0 Kudos
AZuck
Novice

The drivers from the Lenovo site I linked to seemed to work fine. For reference though the board is a DQ77KB with a Xeon E3-1265L v2.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Glad to know that your issue is now solved.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel

0 Kudos