2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 1:01 PM by BelalKorany

CSI acquisition mesh network using Galileo

BelalKorany

Hello everybody,

An application that I want to do is to have multiple wireless nodes (say N of them) connect with each other. In a round-robin fashion, each node will transmit a WiFi signal (packet) and the rest will measure the RSSI and CSI (Channel State Information) from the received packet. Then the second node starts transmitting, and so on.

While looking for hardware that can be used, I found the Intel 5300 WiFi NIC card (Intel® Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 and Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Products ), from which the CSI information can be extracted using this linux tool (Linux 802.11n CSI Tool ). Intel Galileo Boards are equipped with PCIe interface so the cards can be attached to them, and run on linux so the tool can be installed. I also found that a mesh network between Galileo boards can be established using MeshCentral.com .

My question is, can this application really be done using the setup I described? If yes, how fast can the transmissions take place (for a whole loop of the N nodes to transmit)? and I would appreciate it if you could provide me with any start up guide to start implementing this.

If no, any suggestions on any hardware than can support this?

Thank you.