Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20677 Discussions

Graphics card error 2x2 beeps but replacing card doesn't solve problem

EPagl
Beginner

Thanks to the MOBO forum - How to trouble shoot a MOBO I was able to step by step clear the problem....Thanks for reading this.

Have a computer with Window 7 with a MOBO that is an Intel DP55WP and an Intel processor Core i7 860. Recently computer developed a dark screen with the 2x2 beep indicating no graphics card. Replaced the graphics card with a new GeForce GT 730 card and still get the 2x2 error beep. Paid $100+ to have a computer repair company diagnose it and they said it was probably a bad MOBO. I ordered a new replacement MOBO (same model) and reused the existing processor. Problem still exists...no graphics. Even tried another monitor although that didn't really make any sense given the beep code. Could the processor be bad? Any other suggestions before I buy a new computer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi epags,

I reviewed the specs of the board and graphics card and they are fully compatible. I suggest you to test your system with 2 pieces of memory same channel. If problem continues, a new computer will be the best option, the system is old now and compatibility with newer operating systems and applications is going to be a problem.

Regards,

Mike C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi epags,

I reviewed the specs of the board and graphics card and they are fully compatible. I suggest you to test your system with 2 pieces of memory same channel. If problem continues, a new computer will be the best option, the system is old now and compatibility with newer operating systems and applications is going to be a problem.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos