Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

[Minecraft] Potential driver problem

AAdri4
Beginner

Hello community

I recently upgraded my OS from windows 7 to 10 (23/7).

Cool you'd say? Yes, however, I've noticed I can't play (modded) minecraft anymore.

Whenever I try to load the game, my client instantly crashes giving me the following http://pastebin.com/WXuqBBSY crashlog.

I googled the 'org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated' and it seemed that it could be a problem with my graphics card driver.

I already downloaded the upgrade utility, there was one update for my chipset driver, which I installed of course, but this didn't resolve the issue.

I don't think there's anything I can do apart from buying a new pc/upgrading my hardware, so I hope you'll be able to help me.

My hardware specs can be found http://pastebin.com/LgTCbciw here.

Yours faithfully

~Sanguimancy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AAdri4
Beginner

Alright got it fixed after some hours of research.

I have absolutely no idea why this fixes it though.

What I did: I downloaded java 8u45, and let my minecraft (modded in my case) use this version instead of the up to date one.

Again I have no idea why/how this worked but I hope this post will help more minecrafters. Stay awesome!

Ty for the help that you'd certainly have offered me. This thread can be locked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AAdri4
Beginner

Alright got it fixed after some hours of research.

I have absolutely no idea why this fixes it though.

What I did: I downloaded java 8u45, and let my minecraft (modded in my case) use this version instead of the up to date one.

Again I have no idea why/how this worked but I hope this post will help more minecrafters. Stay awesome!

Ty for the help that you'd certainly have offered me. This thread can be locked.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Sanguimancy:

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve this. Thank you for sharing your outcome with the community.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos