4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 10:30 PM by xbolshe

Any Update on AVR

Archimedes

Hello:

I have been trying to complete an industrial prototype using a Galileo Gen 2, and the project I am working on requires the use of the Modbus RTU. I found code at Cooking Hacks (Modbus Tutorial for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and Intel Galileo) that says it will work with the Galileo, but it doesn't, as I receive this error:

.../Arduino/libraries/RS485/SPI.h:54:22: fatal error: avr32/io.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.

I would simply comment out the offending code if I could, but it doesn't look like that will be possible, as it is at the core of the SPI.h functionality. I found this earlier discussion of a similar issue: How to find avr/io.h: No such file or directory in Galileo folder. This issue, though, is a couple of years old. Has anyone written code to port Modbus functionality to a Galileo Gen 2 at this stage? If so and you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

If not, I found this as an option (Welcome to PyModbus’s documentation! — Pymodbus 1.0 documentation ), but I am not sure if it will do the trick. If I can run code straight from the Arduino IDE, that would be better. Otherwise, I will give this a shot.