3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 7:41 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

DH55HC mother board and 2X4GB memory of ARES  G.SKILL

stevelori

hello

i got DH55HC mother board and 2X4GB memory of G.SKILL, i just got a new 2X4 G.SKILL ARES memory, i try to put it in, the bios see the 16GB BUT When i starting windows its keep getting hang in loading windows screen, i try many thing i read online nothing work, even putting only  4GB G.SKILL ARES in not good,

when i starting in safe mode i see i got stuck on the  classpnp.sys file'

even when i try to put in windows 7 setup disk same thing

any help will be appreciated

• 1. Re: DH55HC mother board and 2X4GB memory of ARES  G.SKILL
          N.Scott.Pearson

This memory is either incompatible with your board or you received a bad DIMM. What is likely happening is that, as more and more of Windows loads and starts executing, you reach a point where it uses a portion of memory that is not working properly (either because of the incompatibility of simple because this portion is bad). I would suggest that you download a copy of MemTest86+ and run it on your system for a full set of cycles. MemTest86+ installs to a USB key and you boot from this key to run it.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: DH55HC mother board and 2X4GB memory of ARES  G.SKILL
            stevelori

thank for the fast help

i try the memory stick on different PC, its working great, windows load and everything all good

• 3. Re: DH55HC mother board and 2X4GB memory of ARES  G.SKILL
              N.Scott.Pearson

...Then the issue is an incompatibility with the HC board. There are many things that can cause this incompatibility; here are a few:

1. The board cannot handle DIMMs that use a x16 organization; only x8 organization is supported (the density of the DRAM ICs on the DIMM is beyond the board's capability to handle).
              2. The board cannot handle low-profile DIMMs (though this is usually because they also don't meet #1).
              3. The board often cannot handle DIMMs that require voltages other than 1.5V. By specification, all DIMMs are required to operate at 1.5V at default (1066/1333) speeds. There are lots of DIMMs around that cannot do so, however. Sometimes this is the result of their requirements for operation in their overclocking (XMP) profile(s), but this is still an issue and not an acceptable excuse.
              4. The board sometimes cannot handle the speeds requested by XMP profiles. To see of this is the case, place the memory configuration in manual mode and lock it to 1333 operation and see if this fixes the problem (if it does, then just leave it at this setting. Frankly, the amount of memory makes more difference to performance than the memory speed ever will).

Hope this helps,

...S