6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 9:25 PM by opa1

Linux suspend issue Solved!

cvare

Hi all, we've released our last BIOS (4th generation NUC) that fixes the NUCs with the Linux suspend issue.  I know this has been a long time coming, and your patience is greatly appreciated!!

Here's quick links in case you haven't updated yet.

4th generation, D54250WYK/D34010WYK: Download BIOS Update [WYLPT10H.86A]

5th generation, NUC5i5MYHE/B: Download BIOS Update [MYBDWi5v.86A]

5th generation, NUC5i3MYHE/B: Download BIOS Update [MYBDWi30.86A]

5th generation, NUC5i[X]RYK/H: Download BIOS Update

• 1. Re: Linux suspend issue Solved!
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Great information, let's try to update the BIOS to correct this issue. 

Allan. 

• 2. Re: Linux suspend issue Solved!
            bobdodger

Since the suspend issue has been here on so many NUC models, on so many NUC users, for so many years, you want to share some more details about the real cause for this issue? e.g. the cause for 'power button wake failure', the cause for 'bricked NUC after unplug power', etc. I think NUC users deserve a more detailed answer, like your 'FAQ for WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR'.

Also on the release note of 4th gen WY NUC (BIOS 0042), WYLPT10H.86A.0042.2016.0704.1441,

- "Updated Visual BIOS to version 2.2.17. Fixes include:…"

It should be 2.2.20, right?

- "Fixed an issue where the NUC can't wake up from S3 by pressing the power button in Linux."

How good/real is this fix, compare to the same fix on BIOS 0038? ('Fixed issue where system with Linux Ubuntu* cannot resume from sleep.')

- "Fixed issue where the CIR remote controller would still power on the NUC when CIR was disabled."

How good/real is this fix, compare to the same fix on BIOS 0035? ('Fixed issue where CIR remote still wakes the NUC when CIR is disabled in BIOS.')

I want SERIOUS answers!

• 3. Re: Linux suspend issue Solved!
              cvare

Whoops, sorry about that, yes 2.2.20.  It has been fixed.

I'm checking with the BIOS engineers on the rest of your questions, but after looking at the previous BIOS notes, it looks as if that is a mistake, and should only be there once.

• 4. Re: Linux suspend issue Solved!
                cvare

Here's what I found.

The fix in BIOS 0038 was for S3, the fix in BIOS 0042 is for S4.

The initial fix for the Logitech remote didn't work, so they had to fix it again in BIOS 0042.

• 5. Re: Linux suspend issue Solved!
                  Apachez

Finally!

Care to elaborate a bit further what the fix actually is since its really odd that removing the retardedly positioned bios battery was the only way to restore the NUC (removing external power wasnt enough which is really odd in order to reset a cpu)?

• 6. Re: Linux suspend issue Solved!
                    opa1

The date for the new BIOS on the page Download BIOS Update [WYLPT10H.86A]  is incorrect - it shows July last year...