Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20627 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel Non-Functional

CTagt
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post, but it is an Intel question. I have an issue on my rig where the Intel Graphics Control Panel will not launch at all. If I try to launch it, it acts like it is going to run, then nothing happens.

It is listed in my Applications, but is missing from the Notification Tray and the Context Menus are missing. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling them from Windows Update, Intel's Driver Update Utility, and directly from Intel's website, with no remedy. I have also completely reinstalled Windows and tried installing the drivers the same as listed before with the same results. I have also tried running the Graphics Control Panel as an administrator, in every compatibility mode available, and copying it from another machine where it works with no change. I have also tried restarting the graphics control services from Services.msc with no remedy.

Has anyone else encountered this at all or know of a solution for this issue? The Intel Graphics Control Panel isn't essential, but I just want it to work.

System Information

CPU: Intel 3770K w/ Intel Graphics 4000

Board: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro

GPU: Nvidia 660 Ti

If you need any more information, please just let me know and thank you in advance for your input!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

It seems the Nvidia card is taking over the graphics on your system. Please bear in mind that once you install an external video card, the on-board solution is electronically disabled.

Please try removing the external graphics and try to open the Intel® graphics control panel and let me know your findings.

Allan.
0 Kudos
CTagt
Beginner

This is not a correct or applicable answer at all. I have had both working on this system with the same graphics card for almost 3 years and it just stopped working recently.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am still waiting for more information, I need to know if you removed the external video card. At least, this will test the onboard graphics.

Allan.
0 Kudos
CTagt
Beginner

This did not resolve the issue. It boots to a black screen and then never goes past it. I have tried the HDMI, DVI, and VGA ports on the board with no success with both the Nvidia card installed and removed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you access the BIOS with on-board graphics? If so, please check video settings and select on-board controller as primary, then if your computer boot to windows, try reinstalling the graphics driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81499 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81499

Allan.
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Do you still have issues with your computer?

Allan.

0 Kudos
CTagt
Beginner

This post can be closed. Issue is related to Nvidia Card and not Intel Drivers.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am glad to hear this is fixed. Thank you for sharing this information.

Allan.

0 Kudos