6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 8:56 AM by Intel Corporation

IR & xbox one remote

guyfawxes

Hello,

I have switched the IR type to xbox one remote inside the BIOS, yet it's nonfunctional inside Windows 10.

The NUC allows itself to be awakened by the remote when it's in standby or has been shut off, but nothing else works.

I can't even control Windows Media Player.

I'm using the IR driver from Intel's Downloadcenter

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: IR & xbox one remote
          N.Scott.Pearson

No, you are doing nothing wrong; you just have to run software that supports using the remote. Windows Media Center (alas, Microsoft removed it from Windows 10 ) supported using a remote. There are other products - like XBMC and its derivatives - that can also work with a remote.

Hope this helps,

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: IR & xbox one remote
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, guyfawxes:

I noticed that you marked N.Scott.Pearson input as correct answer; Was the the previous comment helpful? Can I close this thread as resolved?

If you have more questions please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

• 3. Re: IR & xbox one remote
              guyfawxes

Hello Amy,

thank you for your response. I marked Pearson's answer as helpful since it was reasonable, although he did not differentiate between Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player. WMC is not available in Windows 10 anymore and of course the issue with non-working IR with WMP still continues. There shouldn't be an issue, since Microsoft's own RC's like the xbox universal remote worked fine within these applications. In other words, WMP does support beeing controlled by RCs.

If there is an official answer by Intel about this topic, then I would glady like to know about it.

Sincerely

• 4. Re: IR & xbox one remote
                Intel Corporation

Let me confirm some information; what is your model of the remote control and the model of your NUC?

Regards,
                Amy.

• 5. Re: IR & xbox one remote
                  guyfawxes

Hello Amy

the NUC is the 6i7KYK and the remote is the xbox one media remote

Sincerely

• 6. Re: IR & xbox one remote
                    Intel Corporation

Thank you for the information.

I agree on the fact that you need to have a software that supports using the remote; otherwise, the supported options for the remote will be limited, the software you choose will help to handshake the signal between the remote and the operating system. See here for some examples on how to set it up How to stream media from your PC to Xbox One | Geek Squad.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Amy.