Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless AC 3160 Bluetooth no working

IIgor
Beginner

I installed an AC 3160 into my HP EliteBook 8570p. The wireless works flawlessly. The latest driver is installed. 18.33.3.2

The Bluetooth does not work at all. It does not show up in device manager. The latest drivers won't install 19.00.1621, see image of error below.

Any driver version back to 17.0 gives the same error.

I'm using windows 7 proffesional 64 bit.

The bios are up to date and i couldn't find any setting in the bios related to Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth service is set to automatic and to local account.

What else could i do?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

vini_i,

Before we go any further, we would like to inform you that integration, which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced, is not supported by Intel. Please check this link for further information on this particular matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

With that being said, it is important to confirm with HP* if they offer any updates for the Bluetooth* drivers. You may find their contact information here:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites On our best effort to help you, we also would like to inform you that there have been reports from other users that a recent Windows*7 update (KB3161608) causes the Bluetooth* drivers not to be installed correctly and/or not to work as it should and by uninstalling the KB mentioned above resolves the issue. A user called called GattoNero provided steps that might help you resolve this situation. Please check this link: /thread/104414 KB3161608 + Bluetooth

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
IIgor
Beginner

Uninstalling KB3161608 allowed me to install the Bluetooth Drivers 19.0.1621.33 without errors but the Bluetooth module is nowhere to be seen.

It does not show up in device manager.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vini_i

Intel recommends to obtain the latest driver from the computer manufacturer first as they are the ones that were customized by them in order to be fully compatible with the type of system you have.

As a second option, you are welcome to try a clean a clean installation of the drivers. Here is how you can do it.

4. Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26094/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=75442 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* - Package Version: 18.40.4. The driver version for this adapter in this package is the 18.33.3.2

*Please make sure you download the one according to your OS architecture 32 or 64 Bit.

5. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

7. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

8. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

12. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver component

13. Here are the drivers for the Bluetooth*:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26065/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-?product=75442 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* - *Please make sure you download the one according to your OS architecture 32 or 64 Bit.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
IIgor
Beginner

I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the drivers. No change. The Bluetooth module does not show up.

HP does not provide drivers for the AC 3160 network card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vini_i

You may be experiencing incompatibility with this adapter and your system. If that is so, only HP* can provide you a list of Intel® Wireless Adapters that are fully compatible with your system. Since Intel does not support integration, on our best effort to assist you, here is what you can do that might help you to resolve this situation. Please bear in mind that these steps may not resolve this situation considering the incompatibility.

1. Uninstall all current Bluetooth* drivers and let Windows* install its own in-box drivers.

2. Consult Microsoft* for additional help regarding Bluetooth* support.

3. Another alternative would be to use external Bluetooth* adapters. Please, be aware that by using an external Bluetooth adapter, it will override Intel® Drivers giving no option to use it again and the only option would reinstalling Windows* with no guarantee it will work.

This is as far as we can go considering this is an integration. Should you have any further questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vini_i,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if the information we have sent you previously helped you to resolve this situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
IIgor
Beginner

No, nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vini_i,

Since you have informed previously that HP* does not provide drivers for this adapter we would like to know if it was the one installed by factory or was it installed later?

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vini_i

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you still need our assistance.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos