2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 9:51 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC5i5RYH crashes unexpectedly.

Jon.P

Hi, I purchased an Intel NUC5i5RYH a while back for a client and have had problems with it ever since. The system crashes unexpectedly - The display switches off and the machine needs a hard restart. I have replaced the SSD, RAM and the entire unit and still the same problem. I have updated all the drivers. It's running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The RAM is Corsair DDR3L 1600MHZ 8GB . The Hard Drive an INTEL 535 SERIES SATA3  FLASH 2.5'' 240GB SSD. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

• 1. Re: Intel NUC5i5RYH crashes unexpectedly.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi, Jon:

I am sorry to hear this is happening with the system! But let's check some things to try to find the source of the issue and then fix it.

First, I would like to gather up some information from the system.

1. The Intel® System Support Utility report
          2. Where is the unit placed? Does it have a fluent airflow for cooling purposes?
          3. Would you please monitor the temps present while performing tasks that can trigger the issue? Speccy should do the job for the temps check: https://www.piriform.com/speccy
          4. Are you getting any sort of error message when this happens?
          5. You said that components have been replaced, would like to check, what hasn't changed in the config? Cables, monitors, power connections, OS?

How to get the SSU report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
          -Download the utility
          -Scan your system with the utility
          -Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)

Second, some troubleshooting to be performed with the system.

A. Please test it with different video cables (HDMI, DisplayPort)
          B. If adapters are used, please use a straight connection (HDMI to HDMI cable, etc)
          C. If possible, please test the system with a different monitor/TV
          D. Test different video ports from both ends

That is what we can check/gather as of now, I look forward to hearing from you.

NOTE: External links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Thanks,
          Esteban C

• 2. Re: Intel NUC5i5RYH crashes unexpectedly.
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello, Jon.P :

I was wondering, were you able to get this fixed with the recommendations above?

Please let me know.

Regards,
            Esteban C