1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 12:50 PM by rguevara

Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse

lowracer

I have a new NUC6i7KYK Skull canyon box, latest BIOS & driver update.  Windows 10, also updated.  The mouse I have used for years, a Logitech M510 wireless feels like the pointer is being dragged through thick molasses.  Move the mouse, the pointer follows but after an agonizingly short delay.  Ditto for my backup mouse, a Logitech M305 wireless, and also to a lesser degree but still maddeningly laggy, a Microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000.   Mouse lag occurs whether I have the USB wireless transciever plugged directly into the NUC or on a 30cm extension cable.

The microsoft bluetooth mouse is usable, but barely so.   I dread having to move the mouse.  USB wired keyboard seems unaffected, maybe a tad slow on character input but it doesn't drop characters.  Other USB devices working fine.

These mice were working fine on a Windows 10 system based off a Core i7 3770 for years.

Should note that I have also updated my monitor to a Hisense 55" UHD TV running 2160p @ 60Hz.  My previous system was also 2160p but consisted of 4 debezzeled samsung 27" monitors on an Nvidia 680 graphics card.

I'm about to run out and get a wired mouse out of desperation.  Any ideas what could be the problem?

• 1. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
          wolfgang61

I have the same problem.

Running Linux Ubuntu 16.04

The USB sniffer tells me that Linux does not receive data from the Logitech USB transceiver while the mouse stalls.

Moving the mouse very near to the transceiver mostly fixes the problem. I now have short USB cable running to nearby the mouse.

The same Logitech USB transceiver and the same mouse do not have that problem at all when used on other computers.

I can only think of one possible reason: either the NUC6i7KYK or my new monitor AOC U3277PQU are emitting unwanted noise in the frequency range used by Logitech.

After reading your post I decided to to some searching.

This link points to WiFi as a possible problem, so next I will experiment with different channels for my network: https://askubuntu.com/questions/463858/change-logitech-unifying-reciever-frequency-band#464882

Will let you know about my findings.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi all,

Thanks Wolfagang61; this seems like a compatibility issue, I test it here with all Windows® 10 updates and latest drivers, using a Logitech* M185, and it works as it should.
            From this I recommend you to install the latest driver for your mouse.
            http://support.logitech.com/en_us/category/mice-and-pointers

Regards,
            Hellen.

• 3. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
              wolfgang61

Hi Hellen,

As I wrote, I am using Linux. Actually since many years, on all my systems. Never had any problems with Logitech Unifiying mouses. In the beginning I needed WIndows for configuring them but meanwhile this is also possible with Linux.

Logitech does not have a Linux driver for this mouse, never had one and most certainly never will There are no drivers needed for Linux.

You did not mention that you tested the mouse in parallel with Wifi traffic in the 2.4GHz range - so I assume you did not. The mouse also uses that frequency range. Did you read the link I posted?

• 4. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                lowracer

I suspect it's USB 3.0 radiofrequency interference (RFI).  My previous system had USB 2.0 ports, and my wireless mouse was attached to one of those.  NUC of course has only USB 3.0 ports.  So even placing the mouse dongle on an extension to bring it within inches of the mouse (while it did have some effect at reducing lag) did not fix the problem.  I hate to go back to a wired mouse but it seems that's a strategy to avoid the RFI.

USB 3.0* Radio Frequency Interference on 2.4 GHz Devices

• 5. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                  katdav

Just to add more info.

I've used both the Logitech Performance MX and MX Master mice with the Skull Canyon, under Windows 10 Pro.

Performance MX with Unifying Receiver plugged directly into one of the rear USB 3.0 ports.  This use was because the Skull and mouse were within about a foot of each other.

MX Master with Unifying Receiver plugged into a Logitech Extension cable which is plugged into one of the rear USB 3.0 ports.  This use is because the Skull is now about 5 feet away from my mouse.

The Unifying Receiver is now about 2 feet from the mouse sitting on the baseplate of a monitor.

No lag in either configuration.

Not sure if I need the extension... never used the MX Master without it.  The extension was a left over from my previous pc which sat on the floor beside my desk - somewhat out of site and where I did experience lag.

The Skull is now on top of my desk.

• 6. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                    Intel Corporation

Hi,

Let me investigate about this, in order to replicate this,
                    Could you please attach the result of the Intel® System Support Utility and the Intel® Graphics Report?
                    Intel® System Support Utility:
                    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Intel® Graphics Report:
                    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html

Could you please also attach your TV’s model?

Regards,
                    Hellen.

• 7. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                      lowracer

Howdy, the TV Model is the Hisense 55H7B2.  Can't see how to attach so I'll just copy/paste the results of the requested reports:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<SSU>

<Setting id="Version">1.2.0.58</Setting>

<Setting id="Scan Date">07/18/2016</Setting>

<Setting id="Scan Time">00:00:13.3037721</Setting>

<Details id="Computer" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="BaseBoard Manufacturer" displayName="" value="Intel Corporation" />

<Setting id="BIOS Mode" displayName="" value="UEFI" />

<Setting id="BIOS Version/Date" displayName="" value="American Megatrends Inc. KYSKLi70.86A.0037.2016.0603.1032 , 06/03/2016 12:00 AM" />

<Setting id="CD or DVD" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Embedded Controller Version" displayName="" value="255.255" />

<Setting id="Platform Role" displayName="" value="Desktop" />

<Setting id="Processor  " displayName="" value="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz , GenuineIntel" />

<Setting id="Secure Boot State" displayName="" value="Off" />

<Setting id="SMBIOS Version" displayName="" value="3.0" />

<Setting id="Sound Card" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Display Audio" />

<Setting id="Sound Card" displayName="" value="High Definition Audio Device" />

<Setting id="System Manufacturer" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="System Model" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="System SKU" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="System Type" displayName="" value="x64-based PC" />

<Details id="Display" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Intel ® Graphics Driver Version" displayName="" value="20.19.15.4463" />

<Details id="Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 580" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Adapter Compatibility" displayName="" value="Intel Corporation" />

<Setting id="Adapter DAC Type" displayName="" value="Internal" />

<Setting id="Adapter RAM" displayName="" value="1.00 GB" />

<Setting id="Availability" displayName="" value="Running or Full Power" />

<Setting id="Bits Per Pixel" displayName="" value="32" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 580" link="http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Iris+Pro+Graphics+580" />

<Setting id="CoInstallers" displayName="" value="igfxCoIn_v4463.dll, CoDeviceInstall" />

<Setting id="Color Table Entries" displayName="" value="4294967296" />

<Setting id="Dedicated Video Memory" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Driver" displayName="" value="igdkmd64.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Date" displayName="" value="05/24/2016 07:00 PM" />

<Setting id="Driver Path" displayName="" value="C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Provider" displayName="" value="Intel Corporation" />

<Setting id="Driver Version" displayName="" value="20.19.15.4463" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="oem9.inf" />

<Setting id="INF Section" displayName="" value="iSKLD_w10" />

<Setting id="Install Date" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Installed Drivers" displayName="" value="igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32,igd12umd32" />

<Setting id="Last Error Code" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Last Error Code Description" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Last Reset" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Location" displayName="" value="PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="Intel Corporation" />

<Setting id="Microsoft DirectX* Version" displayName="" value="12" />

<Setting id="Monochrome" displayName="" value="No" />

<Setting id="Number of Colors" displayName="" value="4294967296" />

<Setting id="Number of Video Pages" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_193B&amp;SUBSYS_20648086&amp;REV_09\3&amp;11583659&amp;0&amp;10" />

<Setting id="Power Management Capabilities" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Power Management Supported" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Refresh Rate - Current" displayName="" value="60 Hz" />

<Setting id="Refresh Rate - Maximum" displayName="" value="59 Hz" />

<Setting id="Refresh Rate - Minimum" displayName="" value="23 Hz" />

<Setting id="Resolution" displayName="" value="3840 X 2160" />

<Setting id="Scan Mode" displayName="" value="Noninterlaced" />

<Setting id="Service Name" displayName="" value="igfx" />

<Setting id="Status" displayName="" value="OK" />

<Setting id="Video Architecture" displayName="" value="VGA" />

<Setting id="Video Memory" displayName="" value="Unknown" />

<Setting id="Video Processor" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Family" />

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="Memory" displayName="" value="">

<Details id="BANK 0" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Capacity" displayName="" value="16 GB" />

<Setting id="Channel" displayName="" value="ChannelA-DIMM0" />

<Setting id="Configured Clock Speed" displayName="" value="2133 MHz" />

<Setting id="Configured Voltage" displayName="" value="1200 millivolts" />

<Setting id="Data Width" displayName="" value="64 bits" />

<Setting id="Form Factor" displayName="" value="SODIMM" />

<Setting id="Interleave Position" displayName="" value="First position" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="1315" />

<Setting id="Maximum Voltage" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Memory Type" displayName="" value="Unknown" />

<Setting id="Minimum Voltage" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Part Number" displayName="" value="CT16G4SFD8213.C16FBD" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="16264110" />

<Setting id="Status" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Type" displayName="" value="Synchronous" />

</Details>

<Details id="BANK 2" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Capacity" displayName="" value="16 GB" />

<Setting id="Channel" displayName="" value="ChannelB-DIMM0" />

<Setting id="Configured Clock Speed" displayName="" value="2133 MHz" />

<Setting id="Configured Voltage" displayName="" value="1200 millivolts" />

<Setting id="Data Width" displayName="" value="64 bits" />

<Setting id="Form Factor" displayName="" value="SODIMM" />

<Setting id="Interleave Position" displayName="" value="Second position" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="1315" />

<Setting id="Maximum Voltage" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Memory Type" displayName="" value="Unknown" />

<Setting id="Minimum Voltage" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Part Number" displayName="" value="CT16G4SFD8213.C16FBD" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="16264110" />

<Setting id="Type" displayName="" value="Synchronous" />

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="Motherboard" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="BIOS" displayName="" value="KYSKLi70.86A.0037.2016.0603.1032, INTEL - 1072009" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="Motherboard" />

<Setting id="Chipset" displayName="" value="Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series" link="http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=100+Series%2fC230+Series" />

<Setting id="Date" displayName="" value="06/02/2016 07:00 PM" />

<Setting id="Last Error Code Description" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Model" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Part Number" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Power Management Capabilities" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Power Management Supported" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Product" displayName="" value="NUC6i7KYB" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="BTKY623001EJ" />

<Setting id="Version" displayName="" value="H90766-403" />

</Details>

<Details id="Networking" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Intel ® Network Connections Install Options" displayName="" value="ANS,DMIX" />

<Setting id="Intel ® Network Connections Version" displayName="" value="20.7.68.0" />

<Setting id="Intel ® PROSet/Wireless Software Version" displayName="" value="18.40.0.0" />

<Details id="Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)" />

<Setting id="CoInstallers" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Default IP Gateway" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="DHCP Enabled" displayName="" value="Yes" />

<Setting id="DHCP Lease Expires" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="DHCP Lease Obtained" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="DHCP Server" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Driver" displayName="" value="bthpan.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Date" displayName="" value="06/21/2006 12:00 AM" />

<Setting id="Driver Path" displayName="" value="C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bthpan.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Provider" displayName="" value="Microsoft" />

<Setting id="Driver Version" displayName="" value="10.0.10586.0" />

<Setting id="Index" displayName="" value="0014" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="bthpan.inf" />

<Setting id="INF Section" displayName="" value="BthPan.Install" />

<Setting id="Installed" displayName="" value="Yes" />

<Setting id="IP Address" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="IP Subnet" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Last Reset" displayName="" value="07/15/2016 07:02 AM" />

<Setting id="Location" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="MAC Address" displayName="" value="00:C2:C6:CF:FF:11" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="Microsoft" />

<Setting id="Net Connection ID" displayName="" value="Bluetooth Network Connection" />

<Setting id="NetCfgInstanceId" displayName="" value="{B110B92E-251F-4982-A7D1-9B1D852FAA8B}" />

<Setting id="Number of VLANs" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="BTH\MS_BTHPAN\6&amp;1B357DA7&amp;0&amp;2" />

<Setting id="Port" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Power Management Supported" displayName="" value="No" />

<Setting id="Product Type" displayName="" value="Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)" />

<Setting id="Service Name" displayName="" value="BthPan" />

<Setting id="Status" displayName="" value="Enabled" />

<Setting id="Team Name" displayName="" value="Not in a team" />

<Setting id="Type" displayName="" value="Ethernet 802.3" />

<Details id="Service Bindings" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Client for Microsoft Networks" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver" displayName="" value="" />

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Access Point" displayName="" value="74:44:01:93:63:5c" />

<Setting id="Authentication" displayName="" value="WPA2-Personal" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260" link="http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Dual+Band+Wireless+AC+8260" />

<Setting id="Channel" displayName="" value="44" />

<Setting id="Cipher" displayName="" value="CCMP" />

<Setting id="CoInstallers" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Connection Mode" displayName="" value="Auto Connect" />

<Setting id="Default IP Gateway" displayName="" value="192.168.1.1" />

<Setting id="DHCP Lease Expires" displayName="" value="07/19/2016 06:00 AM" />

<Setting id="DHCP Lease Obtained" displayName="" value="07/18/2016 06:00 AM" />

<Setting id="DHCP Server" displayName="" value="192.168.1.1" />

<Setting id="Driver" displayName="" value="Netwtw04.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Date" displayName="" value="02/25/2016 12:00 AM" />

<Setting id="Driver Path" displayName="" value="C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Netwtw04.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Provider" displayName="" value="Intel" />

<Setting id="Driver Version" displayName="" value="18.40.0.9" />

<Setting id="Index" displayName="" value="0009" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="oem6.inf" />

<Setting id="INF Section" displayName="" value="Install_MPCIEX_GENSDNBT1_8260_AC_2x2_HMC_WINT_64_AC" />

<Setting id="IP Address" displayName="" value="192.168.1.15;fe80::388b:8d28:fe09:ada2" />

<Setting id="IP Subnet" displayName="" value="255.255.255.0;64" />

<Setting id="Location" displayName="" value="PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0" />

<Setting id="MAC Address" displayName="" value="00:C2:C6:CF:FF:0D" />

<Setting id="Net Connection ID" displayName="" value="Wi-Fi" />

<Setting id="NetCfgInstanceId" displayName="" value="{65709982-0211-45D5-8DAD-122710846A87}" />

<Setting id="Network Name" displayName="" value="Wellington-5GHz" />

<Setting id="Network Type" displayName="" value="Infrastructure" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_24F3&amp;SUBSYS_90108086&amp;REV_3A\4&amp;BD9248E&amp;0&amp;00E2" />

<Setting id="Product Type" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260" />

<Setting id="Profile" displayName="" value="Wellington-5GHz" />

<Setting id="Radio Type" displayName="" value="802.11n" />

<Setting id="Receive Rate" displayName="" value="300 Mbps" />

<Setting id="Service Name" displayName="" value="Netwtw04" />

<Setting id="Signal Strength" displayName="" value="99%" />

<Setting id="State" displayName="" value="connected" />

<Setting id="Status" displayName="" value="Enabled" />

<Setting id="Transmit Rate" displayName="" value="300 Mbps" />

<Setting id="File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="Network Activity Hook Server LightWeight Filter Driver" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="QoS Packet Scheduler" displayName="" value="" />

</Details>

<Details id="Settings" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="*DeviceSleepOnDisconnect" displayName="Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="*PacketCoalescing" displayName="Packet Coalescing" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*PMARPOffload" displayName="ARP offload for WoWLAN" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*PMNSOffload" displayName="NS offload for WoWLAN" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*PMWiFiRekeyOffload" displayName="GTK rekeying for WoWLAN" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*WakeOnMagicPacket" displayName="Wake on Magic Packet" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*WakeOnPattern" displayName="Wake on Pattern Match" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="ChannelWidth24" displayName="802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz" value="Auto (1)" />

<Setting id="ChannelWidth52" displayName="802.11n Channel Width for 5.2GHz" value="Auto (1)" />

<Setting id="CtsToItself" displayName="Mixed Mode Protection" value="RTS/CTS Enabled (0)" />

<Setting id="FatChannelIntolerant" displayName="Fat Channel Intolerant" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="IbssQosEnabled" displayName="Ad Hoc QoS Mode" value="WMM Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="IbssTxPower" displayName="Transmit Power" value="5. Highest (100)" />

<Setting id="IEEE11nMode" displayName="HT Mode" value="VHT Mode (2)" />

<Setting id="RoamAggressiveness" displayName="Roaming Aggressiveness" value="3. Medium (2)" />

<Setting id="RoamingPreferredBandType" displayName="Preferred Band" value="1. No Preference (0)" />

<Setting id="ThroughputBoosterEnabled" displayName="Throughput Booster" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="uAPSDSupport" displayName="U-APSD support" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="WirelessMode" displayName="Wireless Mode" value="6. 802.11a/b/g (34)" />

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM" link="http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Ethernet+Connection+(2)+I219+LM" />

<Setting id="CoInstallers" displayName="" value="NicCo4.dll,NicCoInstallerEntry" />

<Setting id="Default IP Gateway" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="DHCP Lease Expires" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="DHCP Lease Obtained" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="DHCP Server" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Driver" displayName="" value="e1d65x64.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Date" displayName="" value="11/24/2015 12:00 AM" />

<Setting id="Driver Path" displayName="" value="C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\e1d65x64.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Provider" displayName="" value="Intel" />

<Setting id="Driver Version" displayName="" value="12.15.22.3" />

<Setting id="ETrackID" displayName="" value="0x00000000" />

<Setting id="Index" displayName="" value="0015" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="oem22.inf" />

<Setting id="INF Section" displayName="" value="E15B7.10.0.1" />

<Setting id="IP Address" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="IP Subnet" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Location" displayName="" value="PCI bus 0, device 31, function 6" />

<Setting id="MAC Address" displayName="" value="00:1F:C6:9B:AC:18" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="Intel" />

<Setting id="Net Connection ID" displayName="" value="Ethernet" />

<Setting id="NetCfgInstanceId" displayName="" value="{2829991C-FF3F-4C9A-9504-1F30972D3EE0}" />

<Setting id="NVM Version" displayName="" value="0x00000000" />

<Setting id="Part Number" displayName="" value="FFFFFF-0FF" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_15B7&amp;SUBSYS_20648086&amp;REV_31\3&amp;11583659&amp;0&amp;FE" />

<Setting id="Product Type" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM" />

<Setting id="Service Name" displayName="" value="e1dexpress" />

<Setting id="Status" displayName="" value="Link Down" />

<Setting id="Network Activity Hook Server LightWeight Filter Driver" displayName="" value="" />

<Setting id="QoS Packet Scheduler" displayName="" value="" />

</Details>

<Details id="Settings" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="*FlowControl" displayName="Flow Control" value="Rx &amp; Tx Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*InterruptModeration" displayName="Interrupt Moderation" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*IPChecksumOffloadIPv4" displayName="IPv4 Checksum Offload" value="Rx &amp; Tx Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*JumboPacket" displayName="Jumbo Packet" value="Disabled (1514)" />

<Setting id="*LsoV2IPv4" displayName="Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4)" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*LsoV2IPv6" displayName="Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6)" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*NumRssQueues" displayName="Maximum Number of RSS Queues" value="2 Queues (2)" />

<Setting id="*PMARPOffload" displayName="Protocol ARP Offload" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*PMNSOffload" displayName="Protocol NS Offload" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*PriorityVLANTag" displayName="Packet Priority &amp; VLAN" value="Packet Priority &amp; VLAN Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*ReceiveBuffers" displayName="Receive Buffers" value="256 (256)" />

<Setting id="*RSS" displayName="Receive Side Scaling" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="*SpeedDuplex" displayName="Speed &amp; Duplex" value="Auto Negotiation (0)" />

<Setting id="*TCPChecksumOffloadIPv4" displayName="TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)" value="Rx &amp; Tx Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*TCPChecksumOffloadIPv6" displayName="TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)" value="Rx &amp; Tx Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*TransmitBuffers" displayName="Transmit Buffers" value="512 (512)" />

<Setting id="*UDPChecksumOffloadIPv4" displayName="UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)" value="Rx &amp; Tx Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*UDPChecksumOffloadIPv6" displayName="UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)" value="Rx &amp; Tx Enabled (3)" />

<Setting id="*WakeOnMagicPacket" displayName="Wake on Magic Packet" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="*WakeOnPattern" displayName="Wake on Pattern Match" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="AdaptiveIFS" displayName="Adaptive Inter-Frame Spacing" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="ConnectionName" displayName="ConnectionName" value="Ethernet (Ethernet)" />

<Setting id="EEELinkAdvertisement" displayName="Energy Efficient Ethernet" value="On (1)" />

<Setting id="EnablePME" displayName="Enable PME" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="ITR" displayName="Interrupt Moderation Rate" value="Adaptive (65535)" />

<Setting id="LinkNegotiationProcess" displayName="Legacy Switch Compatibility Mode" value="Disabled (1)" />

<Setting id="LogLinkStateEvent" displayName="Log Link State Event" value="Enabled (51)" />

<Setting id="MasterSlave" displayName="Gigabit Master Slave Mode" value="Auto Detect (0)" />

<Setting id="NetworkAddress" displayName="Locally Administered Address" value="" />

<Setting id="ReduceSpeedOnPowerDown" displayName="Reduce Speed On Power Down" value="Enabled (1)" />

<Setting id="SipsEnabled" displayName="System Idle Power Saver" value="Disabled (0)" />

<Setting id="WaitAutoNegComplete" displayName="Wait for Link" value="Auto Detect (2)" />

<Setting id="WakeOnLink" displayName="Wake on Link Settings" value="Disabled (0)" />

</Details>

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="Operating System" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id=".Net Framework Version" displayName="" value="2.0,3.0,3.5,4.0,4.6" />

<Setting id="Boot Device" displayName="" value="\Device\HarddiskVolume2" />

<Setting id="Internet Browser" displayName="" value="Mozilla Firefox,47.0, Google Chrome,51.0, Internet Explorer,11.494" />

<Setting id="Locale" displayName="" value="United States" />

<Setting id="OS Manufacturer" displayName="" value="Microsoft Corporation" />

<Setting id="OS Name" displayName="" value="Microsoft Windows 10 Pro" />

<Setting id="Other OS Description" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Page File" displayName="" value="C:\pagefile.sys" />

<Setting id="Page File Space" displayName="" value="4.75 GB" />

<Setting id="Physical Memory (Available)" displayName="" value="21.91 GB" />

<Setting id="Physical Memory (Installed)" displayName="" value="32 GB" />

<Setting id="Physical Memory (Total)" displayName="" value="31.86 GB" />

<Setting id="System Directory" displayName="" value="C:\Windows\system32" />

<Setting id="Version" displayName="" value="10.0.10586 Build 10586" />

<Setting id="Virtual Memory (Available)" displayName="" value="25.02 GB" />

<Setting id="Virtual Memory (Total)" displayName="" value="36.61 GB" />

<Setting id="Windows Directory" displayName="" value="C:\Windows" />

</Details>

<Details id="Processor" displayName="" value="">

<Details id="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Architecture" displayName="" value="x64" />

<Setting id="ATPO" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3" />

<Setting id="Chipset Name" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz" link="http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Core+i7+6770HQ+CPU+" />

<Setting id="CPU Speed" displayName="" value="2.59 GHz" />

<Setting id="Current Voltage" displayName="" value="9. volts" />

<Setting id="Driver" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Driver Date" displayName="" value="04/21/2009 12:00 AM" />

<Setting id="Driver Path" displayName="" value="C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys" />

<Setting id="Driver Provider" displayName="" value="Microsoft" />

<Setting id="Ext. Family" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Family" displayName="" value="Intel Core™ i7-2760QM" />

<Setting id="FPO" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="cpu.inf" />

<Setting id="INF Section" displayName="" value="IntelPPM_Inst.NT" />

<Setting id="Level 1 Cache" displayName="" value="4 x 128 KB" />

<Setting id="Level 2 Cache" displayName="" value="4 x 1024 KB" />

<Setting id="Level 3 Cache" displayName="" value="6 MB" />

<Setting id="Load" displayName="" value="15%" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="GenuineIntel" />

<Setting id="Model" displayName="" value="94" />

<Setting id="Name" displayName="" value="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz" />

<Setting id="Number of Cores" displayName="" value="4" />

<Setting id="Number of Cores Enabled" displayName="" value="4" />

<Setting id="Number of Logical Processors" displayName="" value="8" />

<Setting id="Part Number" displayName="" value="To Be Filled By O.E.M." />

<Setting id="Processor ID" displayName="" value="BFEBFBFF000506E3" />

<Setting id="Revision" displayName="" value="24067" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="To Be Filled By O.E.M." />

<Setting id="Service Name" displayName="" value="intelppm" />

<Setting id="Stepping" displayName="" value="3" />

<Setting id="Version" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="Storage" displayName="" value="">

<Details id="ASMT 2115 SCSI Disk Device" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Capablities" displayName="" value="Random Access, Supports Writing" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="ASMT 2115 SCSI Disk Device" />

<Setting id="Cylinder - Total" displayName="" value="121601" />

<Setting id="Description" displayName="" value="Disk drive" />

<Setting id="Error Code" displayName="" value="Device is working properly" />

<Setting id="Firmware Revision" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="Heads - Total" displayName="" value="255" />

<Setting id="Index" displayName="" value="1" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="disk.inf" />

<Setting id="Interface Type" displayName="" value="SCSI" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="(Standard disk drives)" />

<Setting id="Model" displayName="" value="ASMT 2115 SCSI Disk Device" />

<Setting id="Name" displayName="" value="\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1" />

<Setting id="Partitions" displayName="" value="1" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="SCSI\DISK&amp;VEN_ASMT&amp;PROD_2115\000000" />

<Setting id="Policies" displayName="" value="Read Retention Priority=EqualPriority, Write Retention Priority=EqualPriority, Scalar Prefetch=Not Available, Block Prefetch=Not Available" />

<Setting id="SCSI Bus" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="SCSI LUN" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="SCSI Port" displayName="" value="1" />

<Setting id="Sectors - Per Track" displayName="" value="63" />

<Setting id="Sectors - Total" displayName="" value="1953520065" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="B08497654321" />

<Setting id="Size" displayName="" value="931.51 GB" />

<Setting id="Size – Available" displayName="" value="530.23 GB" />

<Setting id="Tracks - Per Cylinder" displayName="" value="255" />

<Setting id="Tracks - Total" displayName="" value="31008255" />

<Details id="E:" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Availability" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="E:" />

<Setting id="Compression Method" displayName="" value="Not Compressed" />

<Setting id="Description" displayName="" value="Local Fixed Disk" />

<Setting id="File System" displayName="" value="NTFS" />

<Setting id="Name" displayName="" value="Crucial 1TB SSD" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="50567B8B" />

<Setting id="Size" displayName="" value="931.39 GB" />

<Setting id="Size – Available" displayName="" value="530.23 GB" />

<Setting id="Volume Dirty" displayName="" value="No" />

</Details>

</Details>

<Details id="NVMe Samsung SSD 950" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Capablities" displayName="" value="Random Access, Supports Writing" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="NVMe Samsung SSD 950" />

<Setting id="Cylinder - Total" displayName="" value="62260" />

<Setting id="Description" displayName="" value="Disk drive" />

<Setting id="Error Code" displayName="" value="Device is working properly" />

<Setting id="Firmware Revision" displayName="" value="BXX7" />

<Setting id="Heads - Total" displayName="" value="255" />

<Setting id="Index" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="INF" displayName="" value="disk.inf" />

<Setting id="Interface Type" displayName="" value="SCSI" />

<Setting id="Manufacturer" displayName="" value="(Standard disk drives)" />

<Setting id="Model" displayName="" value="NVMe Samsung SSD 950" />

<Setting id="Name" displayName="" value="\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0" />

<Setting id="Partitions" displayName="" value="3" />

<Setting id="PNP Device ID" displayName="" value="SCSI\DISK&amp;VEN_NVME&amp;PROD_SAMSUNG_SSD_950\5&amp;13EFDBFC&amp;0&amp;000000" />

<Setting id="Policies" displayName="" value="Read Retention Priority=EqualPriority, Write Retention Priority=EqualPriority, Scalar Prefetch=Not Available, Block Prefetch=Not Available" />

<Setting id="SCSI Bus" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="SCSI LUN" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="SCSI Port" displayName="" value="0" />

<Setting id="Sectors - Per Track" displayName="" value="63" />

<Setting id="Sectors - Total" displayName="" value="1000206900" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="2951_B061_5638_2500." />

<Setting id="Size" displayName="" value="476.94 GB" />

<Setting id="Size – Available" displayName="" value="342.76 GB" />

<Setting id="Tracks - Per Cylinder" displayName="" value="255" />

<Setting id="Tracks - Total" displayName="" value="15876300" />

<Details id="C:" displayName="" value="">

<Setting id="Availability" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Caption" displayName="" value="C:" />

<Setting id="Compression Method" displayName="" value="Not Compressed" />

<Setting id="Description" displayName="" value="Local Fixed Disk" />

<Setting id="File System" displayName="" value="NTFS" />

<Setting id="Name" displayName="" value="Not Available" />

<Setting id="Serial Number" displayName="" value="A20EB7F0" />

<Setting id="Size" displayName="" value="476.39 GB" />

<Setting id="Size – Available" displayName="" value="342.76 GB" />

<Setting id="Volume Dirty" displayName="" value="No" />

</Details>

</Details>

</Details>

</Details>

</SSU>

Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 580

Report Date: Monday, July 18, 2016

Report Time [hh:mm:ss]: 11:19:19 AM

Driver Version: 20.19.15.4463

Operating System: Windows* 10 Pro (10.0.10586)

Default Language: English (United States)

Physical Memory: 32623 MB

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 193B

Device Revision: 09

Video BIOS: 1040.0

Current Resolution: 3840 x 2160

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Processor Speed: 2592 MHz

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 580

Shader Version: 5.1

OpenGL* Version: 4.4

OpenCL* Version: 2.0

* Microsoft DirectX* *

Runtime Version: 12.0

Hardware-Supported Version: 12.0

* Devices connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Displays: 1

* Digital Television *

Display Type: Digital

DDC2 Protocol: Supported

Gamma: 2.2

Connector Type: DisplayPort

Device Type: Digital Television

Maximum Image Size

Horizontal Size: 45.28 inches

Vertical Size: 25.59 inches

Supported Modes

640 x 480 (60p Hz)

720 x 480 (60p Hz)

720 x 576 (50p Hz)

800 x 600 (60p Hz)

1024 x 768 (60p Hz)

1280 x 720 (60p Hz)

1280 x 720 (50p Hz)

1280 x 960 (60p Hz)

1280 x 1024 (60p Hz)

1360 x 768 (60p Hz)

1920 x 1080 (30p Hz)

1920 x 1080 (25p Hz)

1920 x 1080 (24p Hz)

1920 x 1080 (60i Hz)

1920 x 1080 (50i Hz)

1920 x 1080 (50p Hz)

1920 x 1080 (60p Hz)

3840 x 2160 (30p Hz)

3840 x 2160 (25p Hz)

3840 x 2160 (24p Hz)

4096 x 2160 (24p Hz)

Raw EDID:

00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 20 A3 30 00 01 00 00 00

0C 19 01 03 80 73 41 78 0A CF 74 A3 57 4C B0 23

09 48 4C 21 08 00 81 C0 81 40 81 80 01 01 01 01

01 01 01 01 01 01 02 3A 80 18 71 38 2D 40 58 2C

45 00 80 88 42 00 00 1E 1B 21 50 A0 51 00 1E 30

48 88 35 00 44 4A 21 00 00 1C 00 00 00 FC 00 48

44 4D 49 0A 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 FD

00 32 4B 0F 45 0F 00 0A 20 20 20 20 20 20 01 7E

02 03 34 71 4C 1F 14 05 13 11 04 02 90 20 21 22

01 29 09 07 07 15 07 50 57 07 00 83 01 00 00 6E

03 0C 00 30 00 38 3C 20 00 80 01 02 03 04 E5 0E

60 61 6A 6B 02 3A 80 D0 72 38 2D 40 10 2C 45 80

C4 8E 21 00 00 1E 01 1D 80 D0 72 1C 16 20 10 2C

25 80 C4 8E 21 00 00 9E 01 1D 80 18 71 1C 16 20

58 2C 25 00 C4 8E 21 00 00 9E 01 1D 00 BC 52 D0

1E 20 B8 28 55 40 C4 8E 21 00 00 18 00 00 00 0C

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

• 8. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                        cvare

Hey guys, I think that unfortunately you're seeing the USB 3.0 2.4 GHz WIFI issue rear it's ugly head.

USB 3.0* Radio Frequency Interference on 2.4 GHz Devices

Wireless Witch: The Truth About USB 3.0 and Wi-Fi Interference | Samara Lynn | PCMag.com

Using USB3.0 and 2.4Ghz USB wireless device on a notebook at the same time may experience radio frequency interference.

The thing that is frustrating is, as you've said, it'll work fine on one device and not so good on another, not only that, but one USB device will work fine, and another won't.

• 9. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                          Intel Corporation

Hi,

Guys I’m investigating about this, I will test with the new Driver version, and then I’ll let you know once I get a result.

Regards,
                          Hellen.

• 10. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                            Intel Corporation

Hi,

I would like to know if you are still getting the lag mouse issue and if you try this new Graphics driver version; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26259/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-and-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK?v=t

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,
                            Hellen.

• 11. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                              lowracer

Hi Helen, I am downloading the graphics driver now.  I do believe this is a graphics issue (maybe also RFI).  I switched my wireless mouse for a wired one, and the wired one was working fine until yesterday when I changed screen resolution, then changed it back. Now the wired mouse has the same lag problem.  So probably not completely RFI.  Will report back after installing the driver linked above.

-Mark

Edit to add:  Graphics driver updated - USB wired mouse  still lags.

• 12. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                                Intel Corporation

Hi Loweacer,

This issue is still under investigation, as soon I get an answer I’ll let you know.

Regards,
                                Hellen.

• 13. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                                  rguevara

Hi Mark,

I have expericed the issue that you described when using a very large screen and havent really been able to find a workaround for that, it seems that you were also having a combination of USB 3.0 2.4 GHz WIFI issue.

Are you still dealing with this issue? Are you running latest BIOS (rev41) Download BIOS Update [KYSKLi70.86A] ?

Thanks,

Ronny G

• 14. Re: Mouse lag - Skull Canyon - Windows 10 - mouse pointer lags movement of mouse
                                    lowracer

I have a workaround that works:

1) Wired USB Mouse (Logitech G300s)

2) Set 55" LCD TV to GAME mode.

Mouse lag is negligible now.  I am running BIOS rev41

It's not ideal because I'd rather use a wireless mouse, and Game mode on the TV results in such a bright picture that I'm wearing a welder's helmet to prevent eye damage.  But it does work now.

-Mark

1 2 Previous Next