Intel 82579V won't work under Windows 10

scott_bh

Intel DH67CL motherboard

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection chip

worked fine under Windows 7

updated to Windows 10 and I have no network now

I updated to the newest drivers

driver=12.15.31.4

app=Intel Network Connections 21.0.504.0 (newest)

• 1. Re: Intel 82579V won't work under Windows 10
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the post. As this is relates to an onboard NIC on our DH67CL board, I have forwarded your concern to our board support to better assist you.

thanks,
          wb

• 2. Re: Intel 82579V won't work under Windows 10
            Intel Corporation

Hi scott_bh,

The motherboard DH67CL has a 6th series chipset inside, this chipset is old now and the drivers available belong to Windows XP, 7, 8.0 and 8.1 only.

Drivers available at

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/50101/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH67CL

In your case, I suggest you to get into device manager, uninstall and delete the current LAN driver, restart the system and run Windows 10 update. Maybe the Windows generic driver solves your issue.

Regards,

Mike C

• 3. Re: Intel 82579V won't work under Windows 10
              scott_bh

Thanks Mike.

First of all I'm disappointed in Intel for not providing Windows 10 drivers. The whole reason I bought an Intel board in the first place was that I thought it would be better supported.

Anyway, thanks for your advice. But I need some help to try what you suggested.

Wouldn't the original Windows 10 update would have installed the generic driver? Or does it keep the existing driver? I uninstalled and deleted the current (newest) Intel driver but it automatically installed the earlier Intel driver and doesn't offer me an option to delete that driver, only to uninstall it. How do I DELETE all the intel drivers and will a Microsoft generic driver still be on the system, or do I have to find one of those? Remember, because I have no internet, I have to find drivers on another PC and copy them over with a thumb drive.

• 4. Re: Intel 82579V won't work under Windows 10
                Intel Corporation

Hi scott_bh,

I understand your situation; however, it is necessary an internet connection. Windows 10 will scan the system and search for the best driver available. From our database, I am not able to tell you which driver version will work.

Regards,
                Mike C