10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 9:16 AM by Intel Corporation

Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?

bobo2014

Hallo,

mein Acer Aspire E1-572G stürzt nach genau 30 min ab. Ich habe gelesen, dass ein Chipsatz von Intel (HM70) einen 30 min Timer hat, der das System nach 30 min ausschaltet wenn eine nicht dafür vorgesehene CPU verbaut wurde mit der das System aber trotzdem läuft. Ich habe zwar keine CPU gewechselt, da ein i5 U verbaut ist der also festgelötet ist. Ist so ein Timer auch im Acer Laptop? Es hat laut CPU-Z einen Haswell Ult Chipsatz und als Southbridge wird H8x/P8x angezeigt.

Acer will oder kann nicht helfen, die würden einfach ein neues Mainboard für c.a. 500€ verbauen, was ich nicht einsehe, da ja alles bis auf die Selbstabschaltung läuft. Sämtliche Softwarefehler und Überhitzung wurde schon ausgeschlossen.

• 1. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, bobo2014:

Could you please provide me with the following information:

• Download and run the Download Intel® System Support Utility, once done attach the report.
          • What kind of crashing do you have?
          • Do you get an error message?
          • Have you changed anything in your hardware or software configuration?

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
            Intel Corporation

Hello, bobo2014:

I wanted to check on your thread; were you able to track this down? Was the issue resolved?

Regards,

Amy.

• 3. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
              bobo2014

Hello,

I'm German but I'll try it in English. I will install the Intel System Support Utility tomorrow. The computer only shuts down. There is no message and its like you would take away the power. After the crash you can start the system like nothing happened. I didnt change anything in my Hard- and Software. The problem was before I got the laptop. I already reinstalled windows, but that dowsnt seem to be the problem, because it also shut down if there is no HDD build in. A BIOS Upgrade was also done, but that didnt change anything.

• 4. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                Intel Corporation

I would like to know, have you contacted your computer manufacturer? 

Regards,

Amy.

• 5. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                  bobo2014

Hello,

yes I did. I contacted the acer support. They said that the mainboard could be the problem and that they just would try to change it if I send the laptop to them. They dont know what chipset is built in and they also dont know whats the exactly problem.

I dont want to pay a new board, because they're quiet expensive because the CPU and the graphicscard are on the same Board and not changeable.

The most helpful thing would be to find out if there is a 30 min timer in that chipset and when the timer is activated. So I could exclude the problemes one by one till I found the real problem.

Did you want that I enclose the file from Intel System Support Utility?

Thank you for your help till here.

Regards,

Florian

• 6. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                    Intel Corporation

I understand, I have been searching in our databases for this information about the timer, but I could not find any information related to it. Where did you get that information? Was it an Intel site? A third-party website? 

Regards,

Amy.

• 7. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                      bobo2014

I got the information from a other community support website. I found this article after I googled the problem:

30 Minuten Timer im HM70 Chipsatz kennt jemand das Problem ???

There are also videos on youtube that the timer turns off the system after 30 minutes if you chandged the CPU: LENOVO G700 with HM70 Chipset & Core i5 3320M 30 Min. Timer - YouTube

You cant change the CPU in my laptop, so this wont be the problem. The RAM is also the original, so there was no hardware change what could be the problem.

• 8. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                        Intel Corporation

Thank you for the links.

The chipset itself does not have any parameter to be set, this should be an interaction caused by your BIOS options or your power settings. Like mentioned before in our databases there is no information in regard to this timer.

Regards,

Amy.

• 9. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                          bobo2014

So nobody can help me? Acer doesnt know the problem, a lot of pc- shops dont know the problem too. So they all want me to buy a new board but thats too expensive for this laptop. Does that mean I have to live with this Problem? Or is it possible to change the powersettings so that it doesnt turn off after 30 min? The BIOS was already reseted completely and I already flashed it.

Thank you for your help till here.

Regards,

Bobo

• 10. Re: Chipsatz mit 30 min Timer?
                            Intel Corporation

I understand, but at this stage I just want to confirm that there is no timer on the chipset, the behavior that you are experiencing is a hardware issue. If this were related to the BIOS you should be able to change some settings there but I cannot confirm this since I am not familiar with your BIOS. You mentioned that the issue was present before you got the computer, so this should be addressed by the place of purchase.

Regards,

Amy.