9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 12:45 PM by Intel Corporation

nuc6i3syk windows 7

cifmir

i`m already using Загрузить Windows 7* утилита создателя USB 3.0

After install windows 7 usb is not  working. Usb stop functionaling then i need`s enter pc name

Nuc6i3syk

Windows 7 64 bit

• 1. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
          Burn0u7

i just bought a NUC6i*SYH which is the second one in the skylake series i've purchased. i buy these usually to replace simple desktops in the office. I also bought a skylake series for my own personal use (in this case a CarPC) since they are so relatively cheap. My personal one i just installed Win10 on it and never thought anything more since i have OEM System builders licenses no windows 7 is ever involved. just direct win10 install. the office however is different. Our billing software will not allow us to run windows 10 in our environment until we convert and upgrade our current software we are just stuck with win 7.

I couldnt get the USB controllers to start so i did the tutorial i modified the boot and install.WIM and it worked fine until i got to the point where the installer in 7 wanted to see the drives. nogo there. i messed around with the bios settings, upgraded the bios version to current, swapped out SSDs, M.2 Sata Drives, etc. i injected the storage drivers to the WIM files but that just caused a bluescreen of death. so i reverted changes, reinserted the usb drivers and that was fine. still no drives though in setup. so i said lets try something. I booted to a Server 2012 R2 setup image, installed but did not activate server 2012 r2 standard and got to the desktop. I then started the Win7 setup from the desktop of server 2012 chose custom no upgrade and chose the primary drive (SSD) i was going to install win7 on. it started the install, and completed without zero problems after that. i cleaned up the drive after the installer completed and all is good now. all the drivers are now installed and the machine is working fine now.

note, you can download server 2012 r2 setup iso from microsoft. you cannot however just "burn" its iso to a flash drive. but you can with a program called "Rufus" it is probly the best program for that purpose ever. set the format to ntfs, choose iso for the boot type and thats it. start the program to "burn" the iso to the flash drive. Profit. Rufus is the only program that will correctly set up a boot usb drive with server 2012, win10, etc. ones with the huge install.wim files.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello:

Thank you to Burn0u7, for all the information provided, is it very useful for this kind of scenario.

To cifmir, besides that option provided above, another way to fix this problem will be by using what is called a creator tool:

Here is the link that shows how it works and it has the link to install it:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000018687.html

Also you can also try to install the drivers manually, on the following links you will be able to see how that works and some more useful information:

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/installingwin7fromusbflashdrivesontousb30computers.pdf
            http://nucblog.net/2015/07/installing-windows-7-on-the-nuc5cpyh-or-nuc5ppyh/

http://codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd37BJwTxiM

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 3. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
              Burn0u7

The problem though is not JUST the USB drivers in windows 7. It is also the Storage controller drivers too that must get installed. (The NUC5i*SYH only has usb issues but the NUC6i*SYH has usb and storage controller driver issues) so the usb creation tool is great and all, but needs to have the storage controller drivers added as well. i have yet to find drivers for windows 7 that will work with the windows 7 setup that will allow the hard drive(s) to be detected during setup.

my workaround works. Install Windows server 2012 R2 but do not activate it or give it any product key just immediately launch the windows 7 setup program from the server 2012 r2 desktop and it works flawlessly.

• 4. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
                Intel Corporation

Hello:

Excellent, thank you very much Burn0u7 for sharing those details, and hopefully that process will work for the customer as well.

So, cifmir, I hope all the information on this thread was helpful for you.

Please let me know if the problem remains after you tried all the suggestions above, or if now the NUC is working fine?

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 5. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
                  thegreatwaldo

Hi Burn0u7

Thank you very much for your post. After 3 weeks of messing around trying to get windows 7 onto my NUC6i5SYH with a samsung 951 m2 ssd I followed your advise to install server 2012 and install windows 7 (Copied from a usb stick with intel usb3 software and Rufus on to the main drive and installed from there) It was dead easy and no problems .  If anyone from intel is looking this is the way to go. Maybe one of the intel techs can check this out and post it. Thanks again I was on the verge of giving up.

Cheers

Andrew

• 6. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
                    hegenious

I own a NUC6i5SYH, created win7 stick with How to install Windows 7 on a PC with only USB 3.0 ports and I never had storage driver issues. Must be something in your particular setup.

• 7. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
                      thegreatwaldo

Hi

Which hard drive were you installing onto ?

Cheers

Andrew

• 8. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
                        hegenious

I was installing to an m.2 Samsung 850 EVO of 256GB.

• 9. Re: nuc6i3syk windows 7
                          Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to all the peers working on this thread, all your suggestions are always valuable.

To cifmir: I just wanted to verify if the previous information posted on this thread was useful for you and if the problem was resolved or if it still persists?

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto