2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 3:45 PM by PaulaK

Poky Jethro branch and Intel Galileo Gen2

PaulaK

Hi Community!

I'm trying to learn more about how to build images from ground up with bitbake and came across some questions.

• I see that accordingly to https://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/bsps/jethro20/intel-core2-32-0  , Jethro is the latest stable version of Poky that has support to Galileo Gen 2 SoC Quark x1000, so can I based my build with this BSP ?
      • Besides the Linux side of Galileo, I still wanted to support Arduino sketches. As far as I see, I need an extra layer for this matter such as meta-intel-galileo. The problem is that this layers depends on branches that are listed here meta-intel-galileo - Intel Galileo platform support  as daisy branch compatible. So my question is, can I use this layer in Jethro's environment? Like, new releases of poky supports older releases?
      • And last, if I wanted to build a simple image for Intel Galileo Gen 2 with just minimal features (like python and vi), I only need the BSP for intel (meta-intel) and busybox (besides the required layers by yocto)?

I'll be really glad with someone could clarify those things for me.

Regards,

Paula