Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Problems with igdusc32.dll, Win7 x64

NNiko9
Beginner

Hello everyone.

I've encountered a problem with launching some games from EA, namely https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer_3:_Tiberium_Wars Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Battle_for_Middle-earth The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth.

When I try to start on of them the crush occurs. I tried to debug it, and discovered that it happened in the igdusc32.dll.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 3200 MHz

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

GPU Driver version: 10.18.14.4414

Message from the debugger for the first game launch:

> igdusc32.dll!62f7d9a5() Unknown

Exception thrown at 0x62F7D9A5 (igdusc32.dll) in cnc3game.dat: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000001C.

The call stack looks like this (don't know, could it be useful or not):

> igdusc32.dll!63c8e9c5()

[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for igdusc32.dll]

igdusc32.dll!63c8f0da()

igdusc32.dll!63c8ea04()

igdusc32.dll!63c87866()

igdusc32.dll!63c879c7()

igdusc32.dll!63c880e5()

igdusc32.dll!63c88960()

igdusc32.dll!63c85089()

igdusc32.dll!63d06db6()

igdusc32.dll!639d97f4()

igdusc32.dll!639dbe01()

igdusc32.dll!639dc350()

igdusc32.dll!639dc4cb()

igdusc32.dll!63cab30c()

igdusc32.dll!6393bb62()

igdusc32.dll!639396e3()

igdumdim32.dll!068da28f()

ntdll.dll!_NtWow64GetCurrentProcessorNumberEx@4 ()

ntdll.dll!_RtlGetCurrentProcessorNumberEx@4 ()

ntdll.dll!_TppGetWorkerFactoryHandle@4 ()

ntdll.dll!_TpCallbackMayRunLong@4 ()

Also I tried to google about this problem and found a few people who also came across it, but there was no solution.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I suggest uninstalling the older driver and reinstall it, please see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver

In this case, from my side I can only offer the graphics driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
NNiko9
Beginner

Hello Ivan.

Thank you for your answer.

I've already updated my graphics driver to the latest version. I mentioned the version of it in my first post.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I'm sorry, what I mean is to uninstall and then reinstall the driver.

Did these games work fine before with this configuration or you have this problem from the beginning?

If they worked before you may want to try a system restore to a date where they were working ok.

I mention this because most igdusc32.dll errors are related to missing or corrupt igdusc32.dll files. Because igdusc32.dll is an external file, it presents a great opportunity for something undesirable to occur.

Improperly shutting down your PC or getting a virus infection could corrupt the igdusc32.dll, which could lead to DLL errors. When your igdusc32.dll file becomes corrupt, it cannot be loaded properly and will present an error message.

Other times, igdusc32.dll file errors could be related to issues in the Windows registry. Broken DLL file references can prevent your DLL file from registering properly, giving you an igdusc32.dll error. These broken registry keys can be as a result of a missing DLL file, moved DLL file, or an leftover DLL file reference in your Windows registry from an unsuccessful software installation or uninstallation.

More specifically, these igdusc32.dll errors can be caused by:

• Invalid or corrupt igdusc32.dll registry entry.
  • Virus or malware infection which has corrupted the igdusc32.dll file.
  • Intel Corporation hardware failure, such as a bad hard drive, which has corrupted the igdusc32.dll file.
  • Another program overwrote the required version of igdusc32.dll.
  • Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted the igdusc32.dll file.
  • Another program uninstalled the igdusc32.dll file.

There is a chance that your igdusc32.dll error could be related to a malware infection on your PC. Try running a malware scan to see if finds anything.

Microsoft is constantly updating and improving Windows system files that could be associated with igdusc32.dll. Sometimes resolving your DLL problems may be as simple as updating Windows with the latest Service Pack or other patch that Microsoft releases on an ongoing basis.

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
NNiko9
Beginner

Ivan, thank you for your help.

Here are the answers for your suggestions:

I tried reinstalling the latest version (15.36.31.4414) and the version before it (15.36.28.4332).

No, I have this problem from the beginning.

igdusc32.dll is located in C:/Windows/SySWOW64, that seemed to be the right place and I have a few register keys with this path.

I compared my copy with the one, that comes with the driver, and didn't find any corruptions.

SHA256: FAAE7A5B30F749FD87326C35A6541452C70BD0B666AF76958C7296FE1FCF5ED9

I have most of the latest updates for Windows and malware scanner didn't find anything.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nkbolg:

Thank you very much for that information, it is very helpful for us.

What is the model of your motherboard?

Just to make sure, did you completely removed the driver and re-install the driver 4414 manually?

On the following link you will see how to do that:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html

It is very important to remove it completely, to delete all the errors.

Also, do you have the option to confirm with EA® if those games are fully compatible with graphics controller Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

Because this could be related to a compatibility situation, especially since the problem happens since the beginning.

EA support site:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Any questions, please let me now.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nkbolg:

I just wanted to verify if the information provided previously on this thread was useful for you, and if you were able to get in contact with EA® to make sure that the games are fully compatible?

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
NNiko9
Beginner

Hello Alberto.

I've asked a question about the compatibility of these games with my graphic card on the EA support site, but I got no answer.

Also I used the link you provided and reinstalled the driver manually with no effect, so now I'm in the same situation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nkbolg:

I am sorry to hear that the problem still persists.

Now, we are going to try to replicate the issue, and for that we just need some details related to your system configuration.

From the Intel® HD Graphics control panel, once you open that, choose "options and support", then select "information center", and then choose where it says "file" at the bottom, you will get a text file, please attach it to the thread.

Also, please install the SSU tool (System Support Utility), so I can get that information.

You will be able to download it on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Once you do that, the tool will allow you to save the information as a file, so, once you save it, please attach it to this thread.

Please fill as much information as you can on the following chart:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issue Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too? Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).  LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). <span style="border: none windowtext 1.0pt; padding: 0in; color: # 3D3D3D; font-size: 10.0pt; font-...
0 Kudos
NNiko9
Beginner
CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issueException inside igdusc32.dllPlease place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. Intel HD Graphics 4600Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too? NoMake and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).  LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) EFPHow much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). 16 GbProvide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc DVIHardware Stepping (see note1 below). Software (SW)Operating System version (see note2 below). Windows 7 x64 (6.1.7601)VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be fou...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nkbolg:

Thank you very much for all that information.

Now, we will try to replicate the issue using the most similar configuration based on the system you have.

As soon as I get the results from our lab, I will post all the details on this thread.

Alberto

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello nkbolg,

I would like to let you know that we were able to replicate this issue, mainly with C&C Tiberium Wars. Interesting enough, the game works fine using the same driver .4474, but with Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 (6th gen graphics).

Anyway, this has been escalated internally (case # 01462861) for further debugging, and aiming to work on a fix that can be included in a future driver.

We also got a similar report here: so we are adding a potential compatibility issue between the game C&C Tiberium Wars and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600/Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500.

As soon as we have further news we will post them here.

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi nkbolg

Is this the same as the issue you're seeing? http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f269/solved-the-battle-for-middle-earth-1-error-crashing-problem-547168.html [SOLVED] The battle for middle earth 1 error crashing problem! - Tech Support Forum

If not, could you provide a picture/screenshot of the issue you're seeing?

0 Kudos
NNiko9
Beginner

Hello Bryce.

I had already found this solution, but it didn't help me. The screenshot on the forum you mentioned also differs from mine.

What I see is a standard Windows's dialog with two options: Debug the program or Close it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks nkbolg,

I passed on the info and it's through debug and assigned to a Developer now. They believe they have narrowed root cause though are testing this currently. I'll do my best to keep you updated when I get more info from the Dev.

.:Bryce:.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxim.sos:

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the issue got fixed with the beta driver and now the PC is working properly.

To nkbolg:

I just wanted to check if you were able to test that same beta driver posted previously on this thread and if the problem got fixed or if it still remains when you did that?

Alberto

0 Kudos
NNiko9
Beginner

Hello Alberto

Unfortunately, my hardware isn't present in the list of products, for which this driver is valid.

So, when I tried to install it, I got the following error:

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nkbolg:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

In this case we will do further research and we will continue with th investigation to try to find a possible fix for this problem, as you saw on some posts the beta driver 4539 or 4530 fixed the issue, so it is kind of strange that it did not worked in your system.

As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Update: The fix has been checked-in so now we're just waiting for the next build of 15.40 that should include this.

0 Kudos
AIonu
Novice

Hello Bryce. Will this fix also work for HD4600 and Win10 x64?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

The short answer is yes.

15.40 supports Win10 x64 on 4th Generation [Haswell]. Please feel free to check the supported platforms in the ReadMe and ReleaseNotes for each 15.40 release. They detail which OS in which flavors are supported on which products.

0 Kudos