2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 12:56 PM by Intel Corporation

Where is the maximum speed 866Mbps on the latest drivers for Intel 7260 and 8260?

MonDee

Hi all,

I have a problem with the speed of the connection with the router on adapters AC7260 and AC8260

The router TP-Link Archer c7 AC1750

Laptop with OS Windows 10 x64

My old adapter Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 with the old drivers ver. 17.13.11 are always connected with router at speed 866Mbps.

In this version of the drivers, it also established a very handy utility for monitoring the network from Intel PROSet Enterprise.

4.jpg

2.jpg

I discovered that this utility is absent, and the maximum speed of connection with the router only 300Mbps if upgrading to the latest drivers 18.40.4.

1.jpg

My new WiFi adapter Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 with all drivers from Intel site is connected only with the speed of 300Mbps.

If I try to install the old driver software is installed, including the Intel PROSet Enterprise, but the driver on the adapter in the absence of a system.

If I install later the latest driver, then Intel PROSet Enterprise or completely removed from the computer, or is not working properly, and writes "Driver not installed", but in any case a connection is established at 300Mbps.

3.jpg

1.jpg

How do I get the stated rate of the latest drivers for 8260 and 7260?