12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 7:10 PM by Wilson-Chang

INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255

JMVM

I want to use the MCU inside the Intel Edison. I am using Windows 10 OS and the Arduino expansion board. I followed these steps:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/545143

In the step "Loading the MCU SDK scripts onto your board" I get the message "bash: scp: command not found" from Mintty.

I set my Intel Edison: I gave a name, a password, I connected it to internet. I have done all these steps: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-windows

But when I try these ones: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/545144  I get the following message:

ERROR_255.jpg

I need some help. I have tried it in three different Computers, I have flashed the Yocto Image many times. I dont know what to do.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi, 

Regarding the message "bash: scp: command not found", when you install Cygwin, at step 14 from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/545143 enters scp in the search box, and select it. This would install the command and after it you shouldn’t have problems using scp on mintty.exe
          I would like to know which Eclipse and Edison image you have, run the command uname -a on the Terminal Console and on Eclipse go to Help > About Eclipse Platform.
          Are you using a 64bits machine?
          Did you have more problems while installing the MCU SDK?
          In your screenshot, I don’t see the remote systems tab, are you connecting the board before running the script?
          Are you able to ping your PC from your board? Are they in the same network?

Regards,
          Charlie

• 2. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
            JMVM

Hi Charlie.

This is the screenshot of Eclipse in Help>About Eclipse

ABOUT_ECLIPSE_C.jpg

This one is the screenshot of the command uname -a in the Edison board

UNAME_C.jpg

Yes, I am using a 64bits machine.

64BITS_C.jpg

I am connecting the Board to Wifi through configure_edison --wifi. I am not sure what the remote systems tab is, but this is the Screenshot of my Eclipse:

SCREEN_C.jpg

And my board is connected to the same network. I am able to ping my PC.

PING_C.jpg

And finally, regarding problems while installing the MCU SDK, I am not sure if it is any issue to install the newer version of java ( but nevertheless I installed version 7u75)

JAVA_VERSION_C.jpg

Thank you so much Charlie.

Regard,

Manuel.

• 3. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
              Intel Corporation

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for all the screenshots, I used the same configuration you are using and had no problems while building and downloading the same template you showed.
              Have you tried to run the MCU-SDK as administrator? Also, where is the MCU installed? Did you use another path instead of C:\?
              How many users are registered on the board?
              Have you installed something else to the image or are you using the image as it is?
              Please let me know if you have installed something in the board that may be related to the problem.
              Also, if you use Putty, are you able to interact with the board through SSH with your board?

Regards,
              Charlie

• 4. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                JMVM

Hi Charlie,

Regarding this message:

"Regarding the message "bash: scp: command not found", when you install Cygwin, at step 14 from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/545143 entersscp in the search box, and select it. This would install the command and after it you shouldn’t have problems using scp on mintty.exe"

I am not able to do it. I have formated my PC, reinstalled each program, done the IoT - Get Started with the Intel® Edison Development Board on Windows* 64-bit | Intel® Software and the Installing the MCU SDK | Intel® Software

I am getting the same error mesage: "bash: scp: command not found" from Mintty.

And answering your questions:

Have you tried to run the MCU-SDK as administrator?  Yes, I have.

where is the MCU installed? Did you use another path instead of C:\? I have tried many paths, neither of them with space in ther names. My last path is this one: C:\Intel\MCU\cygwin

How many users are registered on the board? I am not sure, but I have done these steps IoT - Get Started with the Intel® Edison Development Board on Windows* 64-bit | Intel® Software so I guess it is only one user.

Have you installed something else to the image or are you using the image as it is? No I have not. I have flashed the Last Yocto Image before trying with MCU.

Also, if you use Putty, are you able to interact with the board through SSH with your board? Yes, I am able to interact with my board throuhg SSH.

Sincerely,

JMVM

• 5. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                  Intel Corporation

Hi,

Could you post a screenshot of what you get when you put scp in Cygwin? Did you install the latest version or the one that comes in the installer?
                  Are you trying with the same project all the times? Try creating one there may be a conflict while trying to re-writes the code in the board.
                  Are you constantly checking the IP address of the board and the one registered in the .xml file for the project?

Regards,
                  Charlie

• 6. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                    JMVM

Hi charlie,

I connected the Intel Edison Board to Wifi first:

IFCONFIG.jpg

Then I used mintty:

MESSAGE ERROR MINTTY.jpg

Did you install the latest version or the one that comes in the installer? Yes, I have installed the latest one. I did the step 11 from  https://software.intel.com/es-es/node/545143

Are you trying with the same project all the times? I am trying with the template project and with the blinking one.

Are you constantly checking the IP address of the board and the one registered in the .xml file for the project? Yes, I am.

Sincerely,

JMVM

• 7. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                      Intel Corporation

You can try to add scp to Cygwin when installing it. After selecting the server where you want to download the packages, Cygwin lets you add modules. Try searching for scp in this window and let us know if it after adding this package it works.

Also, it's been documented in a few threads that certain issues with Eclipse can be worked around if you use the install path C:\Windows\System32. For example, I was not able to run Eclipse and that got it working. You could try this to see if it helps. I must point out, the install path should be C:\Windows\System32, you should not create a new folder within System32 like C:\Windows\System32\IntelMCU. If you do it that way it will not work.

Let us know if the issue persists.
                      -Peter.

• 8. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                        JMVM

Hi Peter.

I tried to add scp to Cygwin, but when I searched in the window which you said, it did not find anything.

INSTALL_SCP.jpg

And when I tried to install Cygwin from the path C:\Windows\System32, I got this error message: "The program can't start because cygwin1.dll is missing".

I have tried to install the 32 bits version, but it fails too.

Thank you so much Peter

Sincerely,

JMVM

• 9. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                          Intel Corporation

That is not usual, is your network restricted in any way? I have seen that behavior but working under a VPN, could this be something that might be affecting you?

Also, which version did you install? Was it the one included with the MCU SDK or did you download the latest version?

-Peter.

• 10. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                            Wilson-Chang

Hi,

I also have the same problem.

My MCU SDK can't connect to my intel edison, and my Cygwin terminal also can't find 'scp' command.

but, my OS is Win8.

I am struggle to solve it for long time.

• 11. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                              Intel Corporation

Hi Wilson-Chang,

Could you please also answer the questions of my previous post?

Is your network restricted in any way? Which version of Cygwin did you install?

-Peter.

• 12. Re: INTEL EDISON MCU SDK CODE ERROR 255
                                Wilson-Chang

I run SDK on Linux. I find it can work.

thx.