3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 1:08 PM by Intel Corporation

Cannot install my Hub filter driver on intels USB 3.0 stack on Windows 7

ramanago

On Windows 7 machine we have intel USB 3.0 Hub driver iUSB3Hub. Now i need to install my Hub Filter driver for my usb 2.0 Hub device enumerated by intels USB3 stack as 'generic hub.

But I see it doesn't allow me to install it. Whereas on default Microsoft USB 2.0 stack i am able to install my Hub filter driver. Is this some kind of limitation on intel driver?

or i need to do something special in my driver.

Thanks

Ramana

• 1. Re: Cannot install my Hub filter driver on intels USB 3.0 stack on Windows 7
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi ramanago,

The USB3.0 driver recognizes (work) with USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices. I am not sure what Hub filter driver is. Could you please send me the brand name and model of your computer and current BIOS?

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: Cannot install my Hub filter driver on intels USB 3.0 stack on Windows 7
            ramanago

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding to my question.

My question is specific to Filter driver sitting on Hub Driver. My device is a USB 2.0 Hub device with custom features.

I am testing this driver on Dell laptop E6440 which has Intel motherboard.

Basically my driver should sit on top of intel's USB3 xHCI driver(iUSb3HUB) and filter my Hub Device.

The problem i am facing is i cannot load my filter driver on Intel's iUSB3Hub driver whereas i can do this on Microsoft driver.

So my question is do i need to handle something on filter drivers especially Hub filter on Intel driver differently.

Following are the Hardwarre IDs of Intel's Hub i.e. on my Laptop.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_05BD1028&REV_04

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_05BD1028

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&CC_0C0330

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&CC_0C03

What is the model of the processor?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300M CPU @ 2.60Ghz 2.60 GHz

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Dell Latitude E6440.

I am not sure i have posted this query in right group, please re-direct me to right group in case i haven't.

Thanks,

Ramanagouda

• 3. Re: Cannot install my Hub filter driver on intels USB 3.0 stack on Windows 7
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi ramanago,

Thank you for your system configuration. Intel does not provide any option to select which USB controller to use. Older boards had the option to enable or disable xHCI (USB 3.0) in BIOS. Maybe Dell BIOS has a similar option.

You reached the right department.

Regards,
              Mike C