6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 8:41 AM by mark_kram

Unique ID number of D2000 chip

mark_kram

As in subject, is there something like unique ID number of each of D2000 chip ?

• 1. Re: Unique ID number of D2000 chip
          CMata_Intel

Hi Mark,

Does the Serial number of the D2000 kit work for you? If you are on Linux, you can get it by running lsusb.

You will need to connect the board, then run lsusb and find /dev/bus, after this you will know which bus is the device using and lastly you can use lsusb –v and search for the iSerial.

For example:

Untitled.png

Are you looking for this? Or are you looking for the Serial Number of the Quark that comes with the D2000?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Carlos

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unique ID number of D2000 chip
            mark_kram

Hi Mata :-),

thank you for your fast response but I'm looking some kind ID / Serial Number of the Quark that comes from the D2000 unit because in near future I want to prepare a lot of similar devices based on this mcu but each ot them need to have unique ID number.

• 3. Re: Unique ID number of D2000 chip
              CMata_Intel

Hi Mark,

I think a good option would be using the qm_soc_id, this function gets the Quark SoC identification number. There is an example that could help you:

/*
               * Copyright (c) 2015, Intel Corporation
               * All rights reserved.
               * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
               * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
               * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
               *    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
               * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
               *    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
               *    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
               * 3. Neither the name of the Intel Corporation nor the names of its
               *    contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
               *    software without specific prior written permission.
               * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
               * AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
               * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
               * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INTEL CORPORATION OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
               * LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
               * CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
               * SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
               * INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
               * CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
               * ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
               * POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
               */
              #include "qm_identification.h"

int main(void)
              {
                QM_PRINTF("SOC id: 0x%x\n", (unsigned int)qm_soc_id());
                QM_PRINTF("SOC version: 0x%x\n", (unsigned int)qm_soc_version());

return 0;
              }

File with the documentation for the functions {path to ISSM folder}\ISSM_2016.0.027\firmware\bsp\1.0\doc\html\group_groupIdentification.html

File with the example {path to ISSM folder}\ISSM_2016.0.027\firmware\bsp\1.0\examples\identification\main.c

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie

• 4. Re: Unique ID number of D2000 chip
                mark_kram

Hello Mata :-),

thank you very much :-) this is exactly what I need :-) for my project. Have a good day!

• 5. Re: Unique ID number of D2000 chip
                  MingTan

lsusb maybe just the serial number of the FTDI chip, not the D2000 chip.

And the examples\identification will output the ID of this type of D2000, not the unique ID of one D2000 chip.

Maybe you can general a unique ID number for one D2000 chip, and store it in the OTP, and set the OTP can't be modified again.

• 6. Re: Unique ID number of D2000 chip
                    mark_kram

Hi Migtan,

thank you for your response. I did that but currently I have some problem with loading .bin file (which contain device settings) into flash data region (0x00200000). Maybe you have some idea how can I do this?

Re: How to prepare OpenOCD scripts for D2000 - System and Data flash.