3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2016 11:48 AM by Intel Corporation

BSOD during Intel Extreme Tuning benchmark - i7 6700k

LittleDansonGuy

Hello!

So, essentially, my new rig has been plagued with BSODs for the past week and a half. The rig ran well for about a week. I play a lot of video games, so I built it especially for that. However, that is the only time I was BSODing. The error codes were plenty, but the primary issue came from a driver called rt640rx64.sys. I spoke with the MSI support, and their assumption is that is more just a flag warning for something deeper. I started to think the same.

Therefore, I wanted to do more Intel stressing. So, I ran the benchmark from this Tuning utility. I figured the benchmark would be the lowest form of stress testing the CPU. However, I have only ran the benchmark successfully 1 time. The other 3 times produced a BSOD just before the benchmark completed. I question the CPU because when gaming, the BSOD is rather sporadic. It will happen between 10-20 minutes of gaming. Though this benchmark clearly causes an issue right before it completes, making this more of a consecutive crash.

Do you have any idea what might be going on here? Does this sound like a CPU issue? I will list my specs below:

Main Board: MSI Z170-A Pro

Bios Version: American Megatrends 1.B0

Video Card: EVGA GTX 1070 SC

PSU brand and model: Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775M 775W ATX 12V v2.3

CPU: Intel i7 6700K Skylake 4.0GHz

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2133 (PC4 17000) Desktop Memory F4-2133C15D-16GVR

SSD/ HDD: 500MB HDD, 1.5TBHDD, 3.0TB HDD

CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan

Raid Card: --

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB

Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

OC: NO

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Some clarifications: No overclocking | No change to ANY BIOS settings | Clean Windows 10 install about 2 days ago | No BSODs during web surfing or video watching

Thank you for your help.