1) Uninstalled the Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver from the Device manager window.
2) The HP computer then auto rebooted in a low resolution mode.
3) Both monitors came up and worked just fine (in low resolution mode)!!
4) Used the Device Manager window to reinstalled the Intel HD Graphics 4600 diver. Not certain if the PC went out to web and got a new driver or copied from a version on the PC...
5) Set-back: The 2nd monitor showed the HP and Windows flashes during boot but then went black post-boot.
6) Similar notes as above: 2nd monitor scans its VGA, HDMI, and DVI ports and finds no signal...
7) The Intel driver is at 11/18/2014 v10.18.14.4029. See screen capture below.
8) I previously tried to update this driver to a newer version from Intel's web site but encountered a not compatible error. Will try again.
9) Any advice on the Intel drivers would also be appreciated. I have a similar help request on the Intel Community site but no replies as of now.
10) Based on my system: Windows 7, 64-bit (see screen capture below), I should be able to download a newer driver *.exe from 5/13/16 (see screen capture)
11) Downloaded Win64_153631.4414.exe and received the error in the two screen captures immediately below:
12) Which driver should I be using if not this one?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I suggest you the troubleshooting below:
First: Uninstall and delete the current graphics driver from device manager then, restart the system.
Download the latest Chipset, Management Engine and Graphics driver version 4256 from Hewlett Packard and install them with the same order.
Drivers for HP ENVY 700-327c Desktop PC
Pre-build systems have customized drivers from their manufacturer, so our generic drivers rarely work as executable applications.
I tried the above solution, concerned about getting into updating the chipset, etc. When all was said and done the second monitor still work during the flash / boot-up phase then loose the signal. The graphics driver was 1 year older than the original. Used Device manager's driver update and updated the driver back to 11/18/2014 (same as before).
The second monitor started working right away. The next morning, "Groundhog's Day" the when the PC came out of standby the whole problem started over again... exactly where I was when this whole thing started.
The graphics driver is capable of driving both monitors. Something (driver, Windows, or other) is not allowing the second monitor to turn back on...
I am following you case. Let me know if you are still having Dual monitor issues.
If yes, try with our last graphics driver 4414 using the manual installation method.
Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* v. 4414
1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep the file on the desktop.
2-Turn Internet connection off
3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)
4-Restart the computer
5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)
6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed
Try to narrow down the issue, do a test with only the second monitor, using both video ports of the computer and cables.