This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of
Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.
We regret to inform that the Intel Server Board S5520UR is currently in End of Interactive Support (EOIS). This means that Intel no longer provides interactive support for this service via telephone, e-mail, chat, or other tools. Technical articles will continue to be available on the Intel Support website.
Based in all the information you have provided, I can notice you have tried several steps.
Let's try the following:
-Hardware basic configuration: 1 processor and 1 memory module
-If possible, run last firmware update.
Thank you for a quick answer!
Here what we have tried:
- We already have had only the 1st CPU and one DIMM in A1 slot installed
- Resetted the CMOS (also removed the battery overnight)
- Tried to boot the USB drive (tried both FAT32 and FAT16) with the last FW available (068) Download Security BIOS update for S5500/S5520 products
For some reason the FVMAIN.FV file in the 068 update had been spelled FV_MAIN.FV. Tried both.
- Also tried to boot the USB drive (tried both FAT32 and FAT16) with the previous FW (064) Download Intel® Server Board S5520UR Firmware Update Package for EFI
Still no results. Here is the video, it also shows the USB drive LED flashes.
BTW, what's the meaning of the OOOX-OOXX LED diagnostic code?
Here is the boot sequence that we get:B8
Resetting removable media device B9 Disabling removable media device BA Detecting presence of a removable media device 11 Host processor cache initialization F2 Multi-code 34 Loading crisis recovery capsule E3 Reserved for pre-EFI E4 Entered EFI driver execution phase E5 Started dispatching drivers EC Undocumented? 12 Starting application processor initialization EC Undocumented? 13 SMM initialization EC Undocumented?
So it looks like that FVMAIN is actually loaded and starts execution.
- Does having a POST code here means that a routine has started or that it has successfully passed?
- What could prevent the completion of the SMM initialization phase?
- What should happen after the SMM initialization phase?
- What's the meaning of the EC code?
And in general:
- Is there any ports on the board to reprogram the flash chip without unsoldering?
- Is there any way to access the board BMC/SDR/etc. without the RMM3?