Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Does anyone know how to turn off intel run time power management on igpu intel 530?

idata
Employee

I have a laptop with gtx 960m and intel 4600 igpu. I did an nvidia update recntly which crashed the hell out of the thing. I accidentally |(or purposely wiped the manufacturers recovery partition ). I did a clean install but was still getting display freeze ups. Eventually my solution seems to have come in the way of turning off intel run time power managment. But the only way I could do it was bby renaming the intelppm.sys file, and I'm not sure what other impact that will have.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi MagikSwven,

At this point, I would suggest you to uninstall both graphics driver, Intel's and Nvidia's; then you can try a windows repair with an original USB bootable device after that please install the latest graphics drivers provided by your Laptop manufacturer.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided above.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos