2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 5:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Expansion of Digital Input/Output

mukesh_mohanty

I am currently using Intel Edison Kit for Arduino, now my digital output requirement needs increases to 40 DO (digital output). Also i require 4 Analog input ports. So I am thinking of using some kind of expansion board. Now the question is, Is there any recommended expansion bord for this kind of situation? If possible kindly share the link of the expansion boards from where it can be buyed.

Is there any special library that is used in case of expansion.

Also any suggestion regarding usage of expansion boards would be nice.

• 1. Re: Expansion of Digital Input/Output
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Mukesh,

We haven’t used any IO expansion board or devices for the Edison module. However, it would be a good idea to search for expansion boards designed specifically for the Edison, it will be easier to set and to configure. So a quick “edison io expansion boards” search should be enough to get some recommendations around the web. I don’t think that you’ll need a different library to use the expansion board, but I would recommend to make sure to check the product documentation before deciding which expansion board to get.

Regards,
          -Pablo

• 2. Re: Expansion of Digital Input/Output
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Mukesh,

Were you able to check our suggestions? Do you have any other questions?

Regards,
            -Pablo