3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 2:01 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Edison cannot turned on and LED-DS1 short blink

chuhao

Hi

I installed ubilinux and ROS on my edison board. It runs perfectly well. And suddenly, I cannot turn it on for no reason.The only clue I found is LED DS1 blink in very low light. Normally, it should always ON, with very light.

lADOU7Nmw80MMM0QQA_4160_3120.jpg

Any advice appreciated

Chuhao

• 1. Re: Intel Edison cannot turned on and LED-DS1 short blink
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello chuhao,

Have you tried powering the board with an external power supply? I mean, the issue could be cause by not enough power being supplied to the board. You could also try with another USB port, cable or even by powering the board with a USB charger (like the one most phones use).

Also, if you connect to your board's Linux terminal, what do you see? Can you post a screenshot?

-Peter.

• 2. Re: Intel Edison cannot turned on and LED-DS1 short blink
            chuhao

Hi Peter

Thanks for reply.

It doesn't look like power supply issues. I tried new edison with the same breakout board. It works totally fine.

And if I connect my crashed edison with PC through serial port, it shows nothing after "sudo screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200" in linux. It cannot be detected by "ping IP address". So, I think it probably crashed.

What I want to found out is how it crashed.

After its disaster, I tried to flash a new ubilinux on it. I also failed. The terminal said I should use ./flash.sh --recovery option.

Screenshot from 2016-07-02 12:23:46.png

Thanks

Chuhao

• 3. Re: Intel Edison cannot turned on and LED-DS1 short blink
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello chuhao,

I believe that your Edison might have a hardware issue as it doesn't really present LED activity and its serial output does not show any activity. In this case my best suggestion is that you submit an email to the following form: http://www.intel.com/support/mailform/maker/warrantyemail.htm. Please explain what happened to you and what you've tried. You can also add a link to this thread. They should respond you very quick they should be able to help you with this issue.

-Peter