1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 1:30 PM by Intel Corporation

Can I replace one of the two HDDs in RAID1 with another one? (Western Digital WD5000AZLX instead of WD5000AAKX)

Rumbero65

Hi, I need to replace a faulty HDD in a RAID 1 configuration with N.2 HDD Western Digital WD5000AAKX.

Ca I use a Western Digital model WD5000AZLX ? Here I try to summarize the differences :

Specifications:                                                   500 GB                  500 GB

Model number:                                                 WD5000AZLX     WD5000AAKS

Data transfer rate (max)                         

Buffer to host                                            6 Gb/s                   3 Gb/s

Host to/from drive (sustained)               150 MB/s             126 MB/s

Average power requirements (W)

Read/Write                                                    6.8                          5.4

Idle                                                                  6.1                          4.9

Standby                                                          1.2                          0.7

Sleep                                                               1.2                          0.7

Thanks in advance for your support!

Davide