7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 10:32 PM by henrixd

82579LM & Windows 10 problem

henrixd

Hello

I'm new with Windows and I need some help. I have just installed Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) and I'm having weird problems with my wired network connection. Everything works well under Linux, so this is most likely a software problem. So the problem... Network is slow and looses packets as is shown in pictures bellow. Wireless connection also works without problems, however.

Computer: HP Compaq Elite 8200

Integrated network adapter: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (driver version 12.15.31.4)

I did install newest drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=47620 Windows seemed to be reluctant to accept network drivers, because of course it knows better than me. Since I was unsure if it actually accepted my proposed drivers, so I also installed Intel -- Driver Update Utility which only tries to install Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility-EXE Only) but fails without any clear error message. Can't really understand why, but it doesn't say anything about network drivers, so I have to assume that it is the newest version.

So what now? I hope this is something simple that I just don't get. All help is appreciated.

badping.jpgScreenshot (3).png

Oh, and one more thing. Only error message I managed to find was in network adapter events. Doesn't really say anything to me nor did I find anything worth mentioning with Google.

Error.jpg