1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 1:26 PM by Intel Corporation

How RST selects source & target for rebuild after reconnecting missing drive from RAID 1 ?

RafaelV

If I reconnect a missing drive from a RAID 1 volume, it will start rebuilding the volume, but:

How RST decides which drive is the source and wich drive is the target for the rebuild?  

Is the "just connected" drive always the target?

Is there a way for me to select/change which drive is the source and target?

Thanks,

Rafael.

• 1. Re: How RST selects source & target for rebuild after reconnecting missing drive from RAID 1 ?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, RafaelV:

"How RST decides which drive is the source and which drive is the target for the rebuild?"

The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology by default defines which drive is the source and which drive is the target for the rebuild, the algorithm included in the software is intended to make this decision based on the structure on the RAID configuration.

"Is there a way for me to select/change which drive is the source and target?"

Once you have the RAID configuration set there is no way to select or change the source or target storage unless you start the RAID configuration from scratch.

Regards,

Amy.