12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 1:28 PM by Intel Corporation

Problem with Galileo gen 2

camilog777

Hi, im getting a little hard time with galileo gen 2(on windows and linux)

On windows after booting a flash memory, updating firmware etc. All seems good... except this is the output for EVERYTHING in the monitor:

** B0100000063f694Š

blink example? thats the output, Serial.println('1');? thats the output. you name it, thats the output

So.. i decided i maybe would have mroe luck on linux... nope, cant even compile on linux properly, since i got a sweet error saying i dont have some directory that i have alredy checked and have

Im then wondering if someone else had this problem, my other classmates seems to be going perfecly with this proyect... and im kind of stuck here

• 1. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
          FGT

Hi camilog777,

camilog777 wrote:

Hi, im getting a little hard time with galileo gen 2(on windows and linux)

On windows after booting a flash memory, updating firmware etc. All seems good... except this is the output for EVERYTHING in the monitor:

** B0100000063f694Š

blink example? thats the output, Serial.println('1');? thats the output. you name it, thats the output

If the Arduino sketch us loaded without errors, the output like the one you are showing sometimes is due to different serial communication settings of the Arduino IDE Serial Monitor and the Arduino sketch. Please send the sketch you are using and a capture screen of your Arduino IDE Serial Monitor.

Fernando.

• 3. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
            FGT

Hi camilog777,

You missed the Serial initialization in the first sketch.

Your setup function in the first sketch should look like:

void setup() {

// initialize serial communication at 9600 bits per second:

Serial.begin(9600);

}

The second sketch does not use Serial, so it is not intended to show anything

in the Serial Monitor and/or use the Serial Monitor at all, the sketch is used

for blinking the LED integrated in the Intel Galileo board.

HTH,

Fernando.

• 4. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
              camilog777

fixed the code, still same output, cant get the ip neither(wich is what i need to my homework ), any code shows the same outputSin títuloesgsss.pngSin títuloesgssss.png

• 5. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                FGT

Now I'm lost...

I've added and initial sleep(10) just because I never open the Serial Monitor quickly enough : )

(no SD card, no Ethernet cable plugged in, so no IP)

Just a guess: change the USB cable... maybe the one you are using is good enough for uploading the sketch but not good enough for other communication... yes. that's a wild-wild guess...

Fernando.

• 6. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                  camilog777

with another cable Sin títuloesgssss.png well i guess i will just repet the assingature next time

• 7. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                    FGT

Remember the sketch needs to initialize the Serial library to use it (the sketch of the last image again does have

Serial.begin(9600);

Hmmm... Just another wild guess please set "Ambos NR & CR" in the Serial Monitor instead of the setting you are using "Nueva Línea"

Fernando.

• 8. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                      FGT

Or, even better, check all the possible settings: Re: ** B0100000063f694 error (Serial.read();)

HTH,

Fernando.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 9. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                        camilog777

In ubuntu its even more fun... ican even compile any code if i select galileo gen 2 has board

i get a sexy:

Build options changed, rebuilding all

fork/exec /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/pokysdk/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-g++: no such file or directory

Error compiling for board Intel® Galileo Gen2.

notice than when i try to isntall the galielo package i also get this nice messages:

Sketch uses 1,066 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/etc/ld.so.cache links to an absolute path /etc/ld.so.cache

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/ranlib links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-ranlib

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/nm links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-nm

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/strip links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-strip

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/cpp links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-cpp

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/ar links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-ar

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/objcopy links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-objcopy

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/gcc links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-gcc

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/objdump links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-objdump

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/ld links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-ld

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/gcc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/4.7.2/as links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/i586-poky-linux-uclibc-as

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/opkg links to an absolute path /opt/clanton-tiny/1.4.4/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/opkg-cl

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/src/debug/libgcc/4.7.2-r20/build/libgcc/gthr-default.h links to an absolute path /jenkins_builder/workspace/GLLO_1.0.5-Toolchain-Linux64/yocto_build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.7.2-r20/gcc-4.7.2/libgcc/gthr-posix.h

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/src/debug/libgcc/4.7.2-r20/build/libgcc/unwind.h links to an absolute path /jenkins_builder/workspace/GLLO_1.0.5-Toolchain-Linux64/yocto_build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.7.2-r20/gcc-4.7.2/libgcc/unwind-generic.h

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/src/debug/libgcc/4.7.2-r20/build/libgcc/enable-execute-stack.c links to an absolute path /jenkins_builder/workspace/GLLO_1.0.5-Toolchain-Linux64/yocto_build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.7.2-r20/gcc-4.7.2/libgcc/enable-execute-stack-empty.c

Warning: file /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/sysroots/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/usr/src/debug/libgcc/4.7.2-r20/build/libgcc/md-unwind-support.h links to an absolute path /jenkins_builder/workspace/GLLO_1.0.5-Toolchain-Linux64/yocto_build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.7.2-r20/gcc-4.7.2/libgcc/config/i386/linux-unwind.h

Setting it up.../tmp/tmp.UV1sG32RjX/relocate_sdk.sh /root/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0/i586/relocate_sdk.sh

SDK could not be set up. Relocate script failed. Abort!

find: invalid mode ‘+111’

i guess galileo and i are just not mean to each other T.T

• 10. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                          FGT

Woooow, your fun never ends : ) )

Unfortunately, I'm not able to help right now on Linux.

I guess there is some error in the installation, but I'm not able to figure out what that would be...

Fernando.

• 11. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                            Intel Corporation
                            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

What image are you using, uclibc or eglibc? Are you using USB cables 2.0 or 3.0? I’d suggest you to try to use 2.0. Also, take a look at this thread https://communities.intel.com/message/314635#314635 . There are some suggestions you might find useful.

-Sergio

• 12. Re: Problem with Galileo gen 2
                              Intel Corporation
                              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Do you still need assistance with this case, were you able to follow the suggestions of the thread we recommended?

-Sergio