so the initial answer is that you need the password, the question is does your computer operate in a company? If so, your company IT group contorls AMT and a local user/administrator does not have authority to enter it. AMT is for remote support of the computer when you need repair.
The default password is admin. If it does not work, you may need to reset it.
Below are the steps on how to reset Intel® AMT (Active Management Technology) administrator password on Intel® Desktop Board DQ965GF.
- Power off the server and move the BIOS Setup Configuration Jumper to 2-3
See TPS Page 67 - http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15033/eng/DQ965GF_TechProdSpec.pdf
- It will enter the BIOS setup screen without pressing F2.
- Reset Intel® AMT defaults" and press Enter. Wait about 1 minute until the operation has been finished.
- Save change and exit BIOS. Power off the server and move the jumper back to 1-2.
- Power on the system. Now you can enter AMT setup using "admin" as the administrator password.
All the best,