5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 3:56 PM by Intel Corporation

WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR - NEW NUC6i5SYH

Shentz

This issue, which appears to have blighted many, many users, is still not resolved.

I have tried upgrading BIOS to 0044. The WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR still appears within seconds of Windows 10 booting. The unit is unusable. I have read through all the forum posts. Nothing has worked.

What's more, Intel's website produces an error every time I try to log a warranty support request, or an online support request.

What are my options now? I have a new PC that does not work at all, and no way to fix it. Nor any way to get in touch with Intel, other than this forum.

What do I do?

Using Windows 10 Home edition;

HyperX Impact 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 SODIMM Memory Kit (2 x 8 GB)

Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 256 GB Solid State Drive

• 1. Re: WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR - NEW NUC6i5SYH
          N.Scott.Pearson

OMG, you might actually have to pick up a phone and call them! I know this is onerous in this day and age, but...

All joking aside (sorry, I *had* to do it), remember that this is a user-to-user forum. There is no guarantee that Intel Customer Support will respond to or even read each individual posting. Regardless, no one here, even if they are from Intel, is going to set up a warranty replacement. Pick up your phone and make the call.

Phone numbers can be found here: Contact Intel Customer Support. If you're not in the U.S. or Canada, click on the world icon near the bottom of the page and you can specify your region and country and get the local number for calling Intel.

...S

• 2. Re: WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR - NEW NUC6i5SYH
            hegenious

Although this error in a way is "uncontrollable", the correct name in the blue screen is whea_uncorrectable_error.

Ironically enough, the word 'uncorrectable' does not exist according to the spelling check in my browser, which uses an English US thesaurus.

Yes it's late and I'm bored.

• 3. Re: WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR - NEW NUC6i5SYH
              Shentz

Thanks to you both for your replies. As Mr Pearson kindly suggested, I contacted Intel via online chat and they were actually very good. I have now arranged to have the unit returned and a new one shipped out (all free of charge, and they even collect the unit from my home via DHL).

For those interested, as soon as I mentioned the uncontrollable UNCORRECTABLE error (:)), Intel immediately offered a replacement. They said there is a known problem with an earlier version of the BIOS, which was not regulating the voltage properly. This causes a capacitor on the motherboard to blow. The only fix is to replace the unit. HDD and RAM are unaffected, fortunately.

I now look forward to receiving my replacement!!

Thanks again

James

• 4. Re: WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR - NEW NUC6i5SYH
                fugounashi

What was your hardware revision and bios version?

• 5. Re: WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR - NEW NUC6i5SYH
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello James:

Thank you very to everybody for the feedback on this case.

Yes, a replacement will be needed to fix this problem.

In order to do that, you can do it through the place of purchase, or just get in contact directly with us through chat, email, online support or phone support, here is the link to do that, you just need to select the type of product you are interested in replacing and you will get those options:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@12

Alberto