Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

IPDT 6850k IMC fail?

NYosh3
Beginner

Hello, I just upgraded to the nelw broadwell-e i7 6850k. I was checking to see if there is any issue with my cpu and I used the IPDT program from intel. I got a fail in the IMC test during diagnostic. I have no idea what this exactly means but I am worried if this means there is an issue with my cpu or could it be a bug with the IPDT? Below are my specs during the test.

CPU: Core i7 6850k

Motherboard: X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello naokuronao,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Did you run the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool?

Is your bios updated to the latest version? If not, I suggest updating the bios to the latest version from your motherboard manufacturer.

Is your system overclocked? Is your RAM running DDR4 2400/2133?

Try also to set your bios to defaults.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
NYosh3
Beginner

Thanks for the reply intel_corp. Yes I ran the latest IPDT, I downloaded just yesterday.

I ran the test both on the old and new bios on my motherboard. I did it both with default and overclocked settings and had the same result. I even went as far as reinstalling windows.

I also seen that there is the same issue with the skylake processors. Is this some sort of bug happening with the new processors?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have been testing this application several times with skylake processors and it passes every time, I did not test it the IPDT with a similar system like yours but they have skylake installed.

At this point, I suggest contacting http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12 technical support in order to get a replacement for the i7-6850K processor.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

After I have been doing some research about this issue I found out that this is an issue with the IPDT itself and the Intel(R) i7-6850k processor, at this point, we will need to wait for a new software version to come up in order to correct this issue.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
NYosh3
Beginner

intel_corp thanks for the reply again,

So it is not my processor problem and it is the software side. So there is need to replace it right? Otherwise during the test everything else has been a pass on the IPDT.

I just want to make sure it is not my processor's problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No, you don't need to replace the processor, it is not defective; we will need to wait for a new software version to come up. We have seen similar issues in other threads as well.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
NYosh3
Beginner

Hi intel_corp

Yes, I did stumble upon a few other post that had the same issue as I did. Furthermore I did do some memory stress testing and did not find any issue so I'm glad it wasn't a serious problem. Thank you for confirming this.

0 Kudos