Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Can not update driver after upgrading to windows 10

BBobS1
Beginner

After updating to Windows 10 my thirth screen remain black and can not be detected (VGA connected)

The other two screens connected via displayport are working well.

I think the driver for the graphics adapter is to blame. looking into the divice manager I see this error:

"Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_198F103C&REV_0B\3&42ffd25&0&10 requires further installation."

The download on this website can not be installed.

Is there somebody who can help me?

My laptop:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Blop187,

It is important to mention that we sell our Intel chipsets and processors to third party manufacturers and they design their own computers with their own features, settings, and capabilities. For that reason they design their own drivers, to meet the exact specifications on their computers.

You have an HP pre-build system, with customized drivers, you can try to install HP latest graphics driver; also I would suggest you try to install our generic driver using the steps below:

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep the file on the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81497 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81497

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
BBobS1
Beginner

Thanks Hellen for your help!

Unfortunately it wasn't the solution. I followed the steps, but it stopped:

Dit apparaat is gestopt omdat er problemen zijn gerapporteerd. (Code 43).

Is there an other solution possible ?

regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
BBobS1
Beginner

Problem solved by disabling hybrid graphics in the bios settings,

regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Blop187,

Thanks for the feedback,

If there is something else I can do for you, please let me know.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos