Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel Graphics Card 520 versus 4000 - does the 520 have limitations on USB compatibility?

LRyan1
Beginner

I have an IOGEAR KVM and Diplaylink (Iogear) USB Hub. I switched from a Lenovo Yoga 13 to an HP Envy. The setup worked perfectly with the Lenovo - i.e. plugged the USB in from the Hub and was able to share my Apple Keypad, Logitech Mouse and Apple Cinema HD Display. The HP Envy 360. HP ENVY when plugged into the hub using the USB port allows for keyboard and mouse sharing but will not show on the shared Apple Cinema HD Display. Yes I updated all drivers and tried moving the resolution around - nothing works - not sure if others have had this problem

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Lisa:

In this case the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP support, because it seems to be the HP Envy 360 does not support the feature to shared video through USB.

The problem is not in reference to the Intel® graphics, since they are not related to USB in terms of video display for that laptop.

And also it could be a compatibility issue with the laptop itself and the IOGEAR KVM display hub.

HP phone number: 1 800-474-6836

HP support site: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/support.html http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/support.html

Alberto

0 Kudos
LRyan1
Beginner

HP Support was useless. I know, however that the USB does allow for a USB Hub (shared video through the USB) because I have a Kensington Hub at work which allows me to use two screens. I connect the computer through the same USB Hub. I already tried bringing this same hub home to attemp connecting through a "known good USB hub" but it still did not work. I also connected directly to the HDMI connection from the KVM switch to the computers HDMI connection and that worked too. IOGEAR was convinced it was a Windows 10 issue which i bought the windows 10 compatible KVM - didn't work. They then worked my through driver updates. I have become a connection expert.

SO:

Direct from Applie HD Cinema Display to HP Envy through a small DVI to HDMI connection on laptop - OK

From KVM switch - to HP Envy through a small DVI to HDMI connection on laptop - OK

From IOGEAR USB HUB (Connected to the KVM Switch) to LENOVO Laptop by USB connection - OK

From Kensington USB HUB to HP Envy through USB to two monitors at work (Viewsonic) - OK

From Kensington USB HUB to HP Envy through USB through KVM to APPLE Cinema HD Display - NOT OK - yes of course this is the one I want to work!

Hopefully someone can provide some insight. Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lisa:

Thank you very much for that feedback, we really appreciate that information.

Regarding the matter of using a KVM adapter, I just need to let you know that Intel® cannot guarantee a full compatibility with all peripherals, adapters or KVMs that you might be able to find on the market.

So, in this case, we always recommend to make sure that the displays will work with a direct connection to the laptop or the PC you are using.

Again, thank you very much for letting us know the results of the different configurations you tried, and we hope you can get the proper information to resolve this problem.

Alberto

0 Kudos