This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
The error "This device cannot start" Code 10 is often caused by driver issues, however, it may have other causes such as configuration, OS problems or even faulty hardware. You may also contact the Computer Manufacturer Support for assistance about it. There is more information about this error in the following advisory from Microsoft:
Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows
The first thing you can try is a clean installation of the driver, following these steps:
1. As first option, use the Wireless drivers from your HP Customer Support, then continue from step 3.
2. If the issue persists with the OEM driver, try using the generic software from Intel® Download Center. Download Intel® PROset/Wireless Software and save it in your PC.
3. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
4. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
5. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the network controller shows as Unknown Device.
6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.
If the issue persists, please let us know the following:
- Was this working fine before?
- Were there any changes or relevant events around the time this issue started?
- Was this the adapter that came built from factory with your PC?