1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2016 10:46 AM by AnkurSharma

Intel Edison USB RNDIS showing network cable unplugged

AnkurSharma

The Edison is connecting well over wireless. However, am unable to make the RNDIS work. When the USB cable is attached to the second port from the Edge to my laptop running Windows 7, The network adapter appears as "Local Area Network 5" Intel Edison USB RNDIS Device. But it also shows as network cable unplugged. I have tried all combinations of Ethernet cable being plugged of not in the Laptop along with Wireless on/off/connected. Nothing seems to be helping though.

May be am missing something obvious or can I give more information. Please let me know.

• 1. Re: Intel Edison USB RNDIS showing network cable unplugged
          AnkurSharma

I found the fix.

1. Since it was connecting over wifi so I did a ssh to it. Or alternatively I could have attached the other usb cable and could have made a serial connection.

2. ifconfig usb0 up

This brought the interface up in whose absence I was seeing Network cable unplugged

3. With this the Network Adapter started showing "Identifying Network"

4. Once I added the static IP address 192.168.2.2 (subnet 255.255.255.0). It worked!!