Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Laptop screen malfunctioning after lid has been shut, and reopened

CCarl4
Beginner

Windows 10 recently updated my laptop with the lastest intel graphics driver. However, this new version broke a feature of the laptop. When the lid is shut, the computer turns into energy save mode. As in, not completely shutting down and is ready to start immideately when the lid is opened again.

My problem is that the screen won't turn on after opening the lid, but the computer itself starts up as expected. This forces me to reboot the computer every time I'm putting the computer aside. Currently I'm using older drivers, as that fixes the problem. I'm worried that Intel won't fix this in future updates, and might consider turning the laptop back to the manufacturer again.

OS version: Windows 10.0.10240 64 bit home edition

Computer type: ASUS UX305CA

Processor: Intel m3-6Y30

GPU: Intel HD 515

Graphics driver version: 15.40.22.4424 (currently using 20.19.15.4300 as that fixes the problem)

BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. UX305CA.201

SMBIOS version: 3.0

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

I would like to replicate this matter since I am using different driver version, I have version 4444 and closing the lid shut the system down.

Please attach a picture of the power options and if possible, test driver version 4444 linked below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-

Allan.
0 Kudos
CCarl4
Beginner

I've already returned the computer to the retailer, but I've also tried that particular driver with no better outcome.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand. It was probably driver issue. If you need further assistance with your new computer, please contact us again.

Allan.
0 Kudos