6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 4:15 PM by Intel Corporation

Attempted to update video driver and got display adapter drivers: 2 Video Controllers which displaced Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Rosebud

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit,  Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T4300.

The Screen Res has a stretched look at 1024 x 768, and should be 1366 x 768 and does not respond to the f.lux lighting application.

The Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family driver is missing, and two video (one with VGA) drivers are in its place and won't completely uninstall/delete.

I've tried the latest Intel Driver Update Utility but it fails with an error code. I ran scans and cleaned up files with no problem.

I've tried to uninstall the video/VGA drivers but they reappear and try to reinstall upon every reboot, and then fail, but they are still present in Device Manager.

I also tried to install different variations of the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7-64, starting with the oldest version, but the install fails.

I also tried to just install the Chipset Family separately, and that fails as well.

The BIOS and Hi-Def Audio driver is up-to-date, and all the Windows updates recommended have been done.

I don't know what else to do here! Please help! Thanks!!