Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

can graphics drivers be the cause of terrible mouse lag in a two-monitor scenario

TTimR
Beginner

I'm running Windows 7 x64 on an ASUS P8H67-I DELUXE m/b, with Intel HD graphics (latest drivers, 1/30/2015, 9.17.10.4101).

Although a Logitech USB-dongle wireless mouse works OK, a Microsoft no-dongle bluetooth-radio "Sculpt" mouse has horrendous lag, but is noticeably worse on the left-hand monitor. I've upgraded the mouse drivers to the latest as well.

Can graphics drivers possibly be implicated in this problem? The "Conflicting Device List" says "No conflicts."

I've seen other references to this two-monitors-mouse-lag problem on the 'net.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mrblint,

Could you please attach the result of the Intel® System Support Utility? In order to get more information about your system

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
TTimR
Beginner

Attaching it...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
TTimR
Beginner

The version of Windows I have is 64-bit, but I see only 32-bit versions of the Intel graphics driver. Does it matter?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mrblint,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided above.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
TTimR
Beginner

I have not yet installed. Will I be able to roll back if the driver should happen to create any problems? Should I make my own system restore point, or does the Intel installer create one?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mrblint,

For sure, you can uninstall the driver it won't be a problem; as a recommendation would be better if you create a Windows® system restore point.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would like to know if the information provided helps you.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos