3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 8:56 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD 530 black screen when using displayport on It's own, works with second screen plugged into HDMI

SubSonix

So I'm not using a discreet GPU currently (In between upgrades) so I'm using the iGPU for the first time.

When I plug my into DisplayPort It simply goes black and shows "no signal", but If plug a secondary HDMI monitor in (my TV in this case) I get signal on both and they are automatically set to extended.

Yet If I change to "single display mode" in the intel software It also leaves me with my XB270HU losing signal.

I also tested this with a GT 720 Nvidia card, and If I plug my TV in this card via HDMI It also makes my XB270HU gain signal again.

I'm using the current Intel driver:

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Version: 15.40.22.4424 (Latest) Date: 4/22/2016

I wanted to comment on the "Official Black-screen thread - We need your help!" Thread but it is locked. I've tried all of the possible fixes in the first post with no luck.

Both displays work fine on their own when I revert back to Microsoft drivers.

Thought I'd add this from the other thread just for completeness sake.

Are you willing to send your system to us? (Yes/No)No
      Is your system a laptop or desktop?Desktop
      If desktop, is it custom built, or manufactured?Custom
      If desktop, what is the make/model of your motherboard?Asus Maximus VIII Hero
      What is the make/model of your system? (COMPLETE model name required)N/A
      What is the model of your CPU?6700K
      What is the make/model of your failing display(s)?Acer XB270HU
      If laptop, is your built-in display failing? (Yes/No)N/A
      What is your operating system?Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      Is it a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system?64bit
      What display driver version do you have installed?15.40.22.4424
      What type of connection are you using? (HDMI, VGA, DP, DVI?)DisplayPort for XB270HU and HDMI for second monitor
      What happens that results in the blackscreen failure?Intel drivers cause black screen.