Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel HD 530 black screen when using displayport on It's own, works with second screen plugged into HDMI

idata
Employee

So I'm not using a discreet GPU currently (In between upgrades) so I'm using the iGPU for the first time.

When I plug my into DisplayPort It simply goes black and shows "no signal", but If plug a secondary HDMI monitor in (my TV in this case) I get signal on both and they are automatically set to extended.

Yet If I change to "single display mode" in the intel software It also leaves me with my XB270HU losing signal.

I also tested this with a GT 720 Nvidia card, and If I plug my TV in this card via HDMI It also makes my XB270HU gain signal again.

I'm using the current Intel driver:

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Version: 15.40.22.4424 (Latest) Date: 4/22/2016

I wanted to comment on the "Official Black-screen thread - We need your help!" Thread but it is locked. I've tried all of the possible fixes in the first post with no luck.

Both displays work fine on their own when I revert back to Microsoft drivers.

Thought I'd add this from the other thread just for completeness sake.

Are you willing to send your system to us? (Yes/No)NoIs your system a laptop or desktop?DesktopIf desktop, is it custom built, or manufactured?CustomIf desktop, what is the make/model of your motherboard?Asus Maximus VIII HeroWhat is the make/model of your system? (COMPLETE model name required)N/AWhat is the model of your CPU?6700KWhat is the make/model of your failing display(s)?Acer XB270HUIf laptop, is your built-in display failing? (Yes/No)N/AWhat is your operating system?Windows 10 Pro 64bitIs it a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system?64bitWhat display driver version do you have installed?15.40.22.4424What type of connection are you using? (HDMI, VGA, DP, DVI?)DisplayPort for XB270HU and HDMI for second monitorWhat happens that results in the blackscreen failure?Intel drivers cause black screen.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

I believe I may have actually fixed this.

I uninstalled all Intel drivers I had, and then installed all of those with the ones from my motherboard website.

I wasn't even trying to fix this problem, but I thought I'd try turning off the second display and now It works with just one!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

I believe I may have actually fixed this.

I uninstalled all Intel drivers I had, and then installed all of those with the ones from my motherboard website.

I wasn't even trying to fix this problem, but I thought I'd try turning off the second display and now It works with just one!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I forgot to mention from the start, I'm assuming the driver crashes occasionally as the screen goes blank momentary occasionally and crashes and video sources. Still does this now that I've fixed the multiple display issue.

I've played some older games and haven't notice the "driver crash though"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi subSonix,

If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos