Almost forgot mine is an Intel S2600COE.
When it does this and gets to the error code it hangs for 5 seconds and shuts off automatically.
I seem to believe this is a very simple problem because if I pull all of the memory I get the 3-beep "you forgot to install the memory you ninny" code
Thank you for contacting Intel® Customer Support.
Based in all the details you have provided, I would like to recommend a firmware update before any further steps. In addition to this, run the update with basic hardware configuration: 1 CPU and 1 memory module (A1).
Here the link for the firmware download: Intel® Server Board S2600CO Firmware update package for IDA, OFU, EFI and WinPE*
To update from the embedded EFI Shell
Update system firmware from Intel server EFI shell by the following steps:
- Download Intel server system firmware update package from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
- Unzip package and copy all files to root folder in USB flash drive
- Insert USB flash drive to server USB port
- Reboot server, system will start BIOS/BMC/FRUSDR update automatically.
If the unzipped package is not under the root folder of USB flash drive:
- Reboot server to EFI shell manually
- Run command "map -r" in EFI shell to find the mount point of the USB flash drive
- The USB flash drive may mount to fs0: or fs1: or other.
- Run command "fs0:" or other to change folder to USB flash drive,
- Change folder to the folder storing the firmware package
- Run command "startup.nsh" to start firmware update process
Let me know your results.
Same problem still.
I added a few fans too that didn't help, what's the minimum number of fans on this system?
What is the minimum number required?
It will depend on the hardware setup you have. You will need to take in consideration number of processors, type of heat-sinks, the chassis form factor, PCI cards, and others.
In terms of the server board capabilities, it provides support for nine fans.