Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Drivers has stopped Responding and Recovered.

ASong
Beginner

Now, I can see that this is a popular topic around these parts and among other places on the Internet. The only problem I am having is that I have tried all of the solutions and come up short. I downloaded the Intel Driver Utility Center and tried to update my graphics card. It then told me that the parameters were not met, and thus, I could not install the software update.

I have an Intergrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 with Windows 10 64-bit. It should also be noted that I have another Graphics Card-- a NVIDIA GeForce 960 GTX Graphics card, but the Intel Card is what is crashing. I have download software that tells me the temperature of both cards, and both are at a healthy temperature. 46-56 degrees Celsius is the average of them both, and it has never gone above 58 degrees Celsius, even whilst gaming.

I have also tried the popular "TDR Delay" method, which basically gives me the same error, just in different words. "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware", only this time, the game will actually close, rather than just freeze for a few moments, so that didn't work either.

I ask anyone-- anyone to please help. This error comes sporadically, but frequently enough to where it is an issue. I do also record gaming videos to upload, and the error does happen whilst I am recording. If anyone could help me, I would be grateful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ASong
Beginner

I don't see an edit option on my thread, but my graphics card just crashed again, and it said "Intel(R) 4600 HD Graphics Driver FOR WINDOWS 8(R) has crashed and recovered". I did not pay attention to this before. Does this mean I should turn this computer back to Windows 8? It came with Windows 10, but there is an option to backup and revert to Windows 7, I think.

0 Kudos
ASong
Beginner

Hi, Allan. I just tried this method, and my computer will not let me install the software. It says "The Best Driver is Already Installed for this Device" and wont let me go further.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That's unfortunate. It seems like your computer will take customized drivers only.

Try uninstalling the graphics driver from Control Panel and check if you can install our generic version with the manual update.

Allan.

0 Kudos
ASong
Beginner

So, I tried to uninstall the driver, and the same thing happened. I'm actually convinced that my computer overrided and installed the driver after it rebooted.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Are you still having this problem?

Please try manual installation with the zip driver version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

See manual steps here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Allan.

0 Kudos