3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 5:29 PM by wmat

bitbake image-full for meta-clanton fails

wmat

I'm trying to build meta-clanton from the latest BSP and am failing on the ncurses_5.9.bb compile step with:

In file included from /media/wmat/Backups/dev/edkiiworkspace/meta-clanton_v1.2.1.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ncurses-native/5.9-r15.1/ncurses-5.9/ncurses/curses.priv.h:283:0,

from ../ncurses/lib_gen.c:19:

_31485.c:835:15: error: expected ')' before 'int'

../include/curses.h:1594:56: note: in definition of macro 'mouse_trafo'

#define mouse_trafo(y,x,to_screen) wmouse_trafo(stdscr,y,x,to_screen)

^

a - ../objects/alloc_entry.o

a - ../objects/captoinfo.o

a - ../objects/comp_expand.o

a - ../objects/comp_parse.o

a - ../objects/comp_scan.o

a - ../objects/parse_entry.o

a - ../objects/write_entry.o

ranlib ../lib/libtic.a

Makefile:1682: recipe for target '../obj_s/lib_gen.o' failed

make[1]: *** [../obj_s/lib_gen.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/wmat/Backups/dev/edkiiworkspace/meta-clanton_v1.2.1.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ncurses-native/5.9-r15.1/build/narrowc/ncurses'

Makefile:134: recipe for target 'libs' failed

make: *** [libs] Error 2

make: Leaving directory '/media/wmat/Backups/dev/edkiiworkspace/meta-clanton_v1.2.1.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ncurses-native/5.9-r15.1/build/narrowc'

ERROR: oe_runmake failed

WARNING: /media/wmat/Backups/dev/edkiiworkspace/meta-clanton_v1.2.1.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ncurses-native/5.9-r15.1/temp/run.do_compile.2232:1 exit 1 from

exit 1

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /media/wmat/Backups/dev/edkiiworkspace/meta-clanton_v1.2.1.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ncurses-native/5.9-r15.1/temp/log.do_compile.2232)

Note that I'm following the build instructions in this appnote: http://download.intel.com/support/processors/quark/sb/sourcedebugusingopenocd_quark_appnote_330015_003.pdf

I'm at step #2:

$ cd /PATH/TO/MY_BSP_WORK_DIR

$ tar zxf meta-clanton_.tar.gz

$ cd meta-clanton_

$ ./setup.sh -e meta-clanton-bsp

$ . poky/oe-init-build-env yocto_build

$ bitbake image-full

Note that you have to remove the poky directory level in the fifth step.

Any help to fix the ncurses error would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

• 1. Re: bitbake image-full for meta-clanton fails
          wmat

Responding to myself on this one.  It would seem the BSP 1.2.1.1 is based on the dizzy release of OE (almost 3 years old as of today and unsupported).  There were problems with this release and GCC 5.x.

To work around this, I'm just going to use an old version of GCC.

Is there plans to move the BSP forward?

Thanks

BIll

• 2. Re: bitbake image-full for meta-clanton fails
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello wmat,

We are constantly trying to improve our products and add new features to them. As you may know Quark's BSP is regularly updated because we are committed to improve this platform. However we can't disclose any information about if/when we are going to base the BSP on a new version of Yocto.

We are glad to hear that you found a workaround for this issue and we appreciate that you share it with the community, it might be helpful for other users.

-Peter.

• 3. Re: bitbake image-full for meta-clanton fails
              wmat

Sorry to hear that, but the fact that the BSP is based on an outdated and unsupported version of OpenEmbedded implies to me that Intel doesn't care about the Quark platform at all.  It feels abandoned.  If I have to use an old version of Linux running an old version of GCC just to compile, why should I bother?